Line of Duty

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Anyone else feeling ever so slightly underwhelmed...? :(
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes. Not a great ending, but not awful either.

Cannot wait for Carmeichel to be taken down in the next series.
Ralph
It was just like the underwhelming feeling at the end of Lost.
Jesus, could they have picked the 4th man any worse? I thought it was Carmichael (not sure if spelt right)

Look for a new series of something. They can't end it like that
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Buckle has been there since series one, with snippets throughout most series of Buckle being up to no good. So I can see why it is a good piece of writing.
Red Duke
asl wrote:Anyone else feeling ever so slightly underwhelmed...? :(
Isn't it the same with many long running series? Wasn't there similar comments about Game of Thrones.
asl
I didn't think the ending of GoT was anywhere near half as bad as some people would have you believe...
Ralph
GOT ending was ok.
The ending to 24 with Kiefer Sutherland was the best ending to a long-running series that I had seen. They absolutely got it right.
asl
Ralph wrote:GOT ending was ok.
The ending to 24 with Kiefer Sutherland was the best ending to a long-running series that I had seen. They absolutely got it right.
Blake's 7. ;)
Ralph
asl wrote:
Ralph wrote:GOT ending was ok.
Blake's 7. ;)
Used to like that when I was a kid and Space 1999, The Tomorrow People etc
Shade
asl wrote:I didn't think the ending of GoT was anywhere near half as bad as some people would have you believe...
Same. The majority of people were just disappointed there wasn't some fairytale ending like they had been hoping/expecting, but absolutely nothing about the show up until that point made anyone think that there might be! Fanboys (and girls) like to think they can take ownership of TV shows and film, and don't like it when they don't get what they want. See: Star Wars.
GoT Season 8 did seem a little bit rushed, but it is nowhere near as bad as most people made out. I still enjoyed it.

Don't know about Line of Duty, but it was front page on some newspapers yesterday and I saw one bit that said the writer suggested there wouldn't be any more.
Malabus
Just watched Defending Jacob on Apple TV and it seemed a waste of 8 hours when it ended.
theidlerich
The sets for Blake's 7 resembled a Blue Peter diy + scrap artefacts. Any poor set 'now' I mutter "not as good as B's7! :)
Ralph
theidlerich wrote:The sets for Blake's 7 resembled a Blue Peter diy + scrap artefacts. Any poor set 'now' I mutter "not as good as B's7! :)
Yep it did. Never noticed as a kid but when I watched some of the old episodes back years later, you notice those things then
Red Duke
Ralph wrote:
theidlerich wrote:The sets for Blake's 7 resembled a Blue Peter diy + scrap artefacts. Any poor set 'now' I mutter "not as good as B's7! :)
Yep it did. Never noticed as a kid but when I watched some of the old episodes back years later, you notice those things then
I was much more interested in looking at Servalan (Jacqueline Pearce) rather than the dodgy set!