Disappointed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

51/84
I am disappointed we missed 84 points but ecstatic that we are champions
What does it say about league 2
Most teams could beat each other home or away
Things will be different with fans back next season
Pity Tome Pope is not a couple of years younger
At least if he was playing for us he wouldnt score against us

Now first target is 51 points next season

Thank you for all fans players management and board and staff
For doing it
Uppy
I think if we keep Duff then we’ll be good enough to survive and hopefully can become an average league one club rather than an average league two club (in terms of reputation).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Uppy wrote:I think if we keep Duff then we’ll be good enough to survive and hopefully can become an average league one club rather than an average league two club (in terms of reputation).
Agree, no need to worry about relegation with Duff and Elliott at the helm.
Shade
Don't forget Russ.
Robin
Next season will be difficult have no doubt but I agree; I just cannot see us coming straight back down under present ownership (board and manager) and feel confident we can secure our highest placed finish.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What I do hope is that the fans respect that points are more important than performances.

There may be games where we have to focus on playing a shape, system and press to prevent the opponent scoring rather than focus on attacking.

It is those games which will see is finish mid-table, because the lower teams will not be as effective at playing certain shapes because they have worse coaches, even if they have better players. I hope fans don’t moan about these games.
Shade
There's also no reason to think we can't stamp our authority on some games. We played and beat two League 1 teams last season, albeit one after extra time. One of them finished second. Ok, it was the very first game of the season, but still...

With a few additions in the right places we can be comfortably mid-table, imo.
Horteng
We are champions of the league and your disappointed?!

Give your head a wobble
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:There's also no reason to think we can't stamp our authority on some games. We played and beat two League 1 teams last season, albeit one after extra time. One of them finished second. Ok, it was the very first game of the season, but still...

With a few additions in the right places we can be comfortably mid-table, imo.
Totally. Some games we stamp our authority, some we have try hang on against.