The Great Reset - It's All Planned.

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Because I use so little these days, not driving to work, I tend to put in about £15 at a time rather than filling up, so I don't let fuel go stale in the tank.

As luck would have it, I was on vapour at the beginning of last week having had to drive to Bagshot. I filled up with diesel on Tuesday morning cos I knew I had to do the journey again on the Friday so I still have most of a tankful with no plans to drive anywhere for a week or two. [/smug_mode]

I also filled a 25l jerry can with unleaded for the ride-on lawnmower but haven't yet started on it. £80 and it's yours. No low-ballers - I know what I've got.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Because I use so little these days, not driving to work, I tend to put in about £15 at a time rather than filling up, so I don't let fuel go stale in the tank.

As luck would have it, I was on vapour at the beginning of last week having had to drive to Bagshot. I filled up with diesel on Tuesday morning cos I knew I had to do the journey again on the Friday so I still have most of a tankful with no plans to drive anywhere for a week or two. [/smug_mode]

I also filled a 25l jerry can with unleaded for the ride-on lawnmower but haven't yet started on it. £80 and it's yours. No low-ballers - I know what I've got.
Similar in that we don’t drive much so fill up once a month usually, which is about £45-50 in our car.
Shade
Lucky for me, I'm still working from home as it turns out that's a thing that can be done without affecting my work so the boss doesn't mind and, since things have got back to some kind of normal, I only need to fill up with diesel every 6-8 weeks, rather than every 3-4. I'm saving the world.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Lucky for me, I'm still working from home as it turns out that's a thing that can be done without affecting my work so the boss doesn't mind and, since things have got back to some kind of normal, I only need to fill up with diesel every 6-8 weeks, rather than every 3-4. I'm saving the world.
Neither of use the car for work anyway. The train was noticeably busier yesterday though so plenty of people obviously choosing to save fuel and leaving the car at home - but we work from home most days.