Forum Snagging List - Please add issues

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 2, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
Now we have upgraded the forum software, please can you list below any issues you might still have, if any?
asl
Posts: 5642
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Brilliant work, Paul. I'll do some proper looking idc. Oddly, it's not even visible on the Tapatalk forum list when I search for it.

Also, the topic list isn't terribly clear which threads have unread posts.
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
Nope TT I have requested but looks like it was lost from their side when it went offline. I’ve emailed them to re-add it.

That’s where I want to change images but it may be this theme isn’t the best but it seemed quite clean and uncluttered.
User avatar
Shade
Posts: 13818
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Location: Cheltenhamshire
It looks good and I'd echo the only thing I've found so far is it's not easy to identify which threads have unread posts. Bold type or a different colour would be great if possible.

Oh, and the table and links to relevant pages that were at the top, if possible. They were always handy!
(and a small ongoing one, it still says "League 2" under the description for CTFC CHAT on the index page!)

Thanks for the effort to get it up and running again.
asl
Posts: 5642
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Bots seem to be able to register and post...that's two spam postings disapproved so far today...
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
asl wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 16:29 Bots seem to be able to register and post...that's two spam postings disapproved so far today...
Thanks Alen. Will get onto that one now.
joes dad
Posts: 565
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 18:09
Have to "log in " each time, even though I have ticked "remember me" box!
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
joes dad wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 10:57 Have to "log in " each time, even though I have ticked "remember me" box!
That could be your cookie settings. I'm not having that issue this end but if anyone else is having this please let me know.
asl
Posts: 5642
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Seems to keep me logged in... Definitely worth clearing your cache, I think.
asl
Posts: 5642
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
Tapatalk works again!

Funny thing is, I actually prefer the look and feel of the new website, now....

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

joes dad
Posts: 565
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 18:09
Admin wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 12:49
joes dad wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 10:57 Have to "log in " each time, even though I have ticked "remember me" box!
That could be your cookie settings. I'm not having that issue this end but if anyone else is having this please let me know.
Cache emptied, "block all cookies" box unchecked in privacy settings, still having to log in each time, any other suggestions.
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
joes dad wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 08:53
Admin wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 12:49
joes dad wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 10:57 Have to "log in " each time, even though I have ticked "remember me" box!
That could be your cookie settings. I'm not having that issue this end but if anyone else is having this please let me know.
Cache emptied, "block all cookies" box unchecked in privacy settings, still having to log in each time, any other suggestions.
Have you tried deleting cookies via the bottom right hand corner option?
joes dad
Posts: 565
Joined: 11 Dec 2009, 18:09
Thanks Admin, tried that no change. Only thing I can think of now is to delete account and start again!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Is it possible to change hyperlink settings so they open in a new tab rather than navigating away from the RNF?
User avatar
Nesty
Posts: 6212
Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 09:17
Great New Look -

any chance of putting the links to other sites ??

cheers for all the work !!
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
Nesty wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 12:08 Great New Look -

any chance of putting the links to other sites ??

cheers for all the work !!
Hi Nesty,

It's on the list, sorry been caught up with covid, kids, work etc.!!
Admin
Site Administrator
Posts: 884
Joined: 19 Nov 2009, 21:34
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 09:35 Is it possible to change hyperlink settings so they open in a new tab rather than navigating away from the RNF?
There's no good way of doing this in PHPBB so for now the only way is to right click and open in new tab/window sorry. I will keep trying.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Admin wrote: 08 Feb 2022, 21:10
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 09:35 Is it possible to change hyperlink settings so they open in a new tab rather than navigating away from the RNF?
There's no good way of doing this in PHPBB so for now the only way is to right click and open in new tab/window sorry. I will keep trying.
No problem. Thanks for trying. I will right click and get used to the long press on the phone.
User avatar
Shade
Posts: 13818
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 13:02
Location: Cheltenhamshire
It's a year on and still says "League 2" :P :lol:
Post Reply