Cheltenham Town v Charlton Athletic

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 2, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Posts: 4525
Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 20:19
Team news, live updates and reaction all here this afternoon: https://bit.ly/CharltonH
Fuller
Posts: 1668
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 09:23
Good to see Will Boyle back but after last weeks cr@p second half performance I’d like to have seen a few more of the new lads in the starting line up.
HamTown
Posts: 442
Joined: 12 Dec 2020, 22:22
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:08 Good to see Will Boyle back but after last weeks cr@p second half performance I’d like to have seen a few more of the new lads in the starting line up.
Yes surprised to see Freestone starting over Williams

Anyone elses ifollow video playing fgr commentary?
Edam Nevada
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 09:42
HamTown wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:59
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:08 Good to see Will Boyle back but after last weeks cr@p second half performance I’d like to have seen a few more of the new lads in the starting line up.
Yes surprised to see Freestone starting over Williams

Anyone elses ifollow video playing fgr commentary?
I've got the FGR commentary as well
Edam Nevada
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Apr 2021, 09:42
Sorted now
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 14:08 Good to see Will Boyle back but after last weeks cr@p second half performance I’d like to have seen a few more of the new lads in the starting line up.
He’s let Mahrez out his pocket to play in Afcon so hopefully Lewis is less weighed down today.
Alf
Posts: 1925
Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 08:24
Here we go again….another half of missed golden chances.
Alf
Posts: 1925
Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 08:24
……until now, we’ll done Dan!
HamTown
Posts: 442
Joined: 12 Dec 2020, 22:22
Their keeper is having a great game, think our chances have been good but not gilt edged apart from the Wright one that he could have blown in

Please please don't concede in the first minute again !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Come on Town. Hope the home fans are vocal.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Ffs. Disaster. A pivotal moment in our season.
HamTown
Posts: 442
Joined: 12 Dec 2020, 22:22
De ja vu again and again
CTFCfan99
Posts: 659
Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 00:13
I don't fucxing believe this. Every pissing time. Useless.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
CTFCfan99 wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 16:59 I don't fucxing believe this. Every pissing time. Useless.
Reminiscent of Bobby Gould’s team and we know how that ended. At least in that season it was 2-0 leads we threw away.
Garby74
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Jan 2022, 07:43
Bitterly disappointing.
I thought we played well.
Charlton are the dirtiest team I've ever seen.
The ref was appalling yet again.
CTFC.Harry
Posts: 44
Joined: 26 Oct 2018, 14:07
Block 1 make me laugh setting off a pyro In the last few minutes against an inconsequential Mid-table team only for them to equalise🤣
Warwickshire Robin
Posts: 104
Joined: 17 Aug 2021, 12:02
So, so frustrating. Yet another week we take the lead, squander numerous other opportunities then let in a soft equaliser.

Have to admit the substitutions absolutely baffled me today. Take off our best attacker and man of the match midfielder then to top it off make 3 changes to a back 5 who had looked pretty comfortable all afternoon in the last few minutes?? That cannot have helped when defending their last minute equaliser?!?!?!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Duff says good performance and if we keep playing like that we will be fine. I want to agree, but it’s hard.
Alf
Posts: 1925
Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 08:24
Totally agree with Warwickshire Robin. With minutes to go, if it ain’t broke don’t try and fix it unless an injury forces a change, which I don’t think was the case.
User avatar
Malabus
Posts: 12825
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:26
Location: The Death Star.
Substitutes were not necessary at that stage of the game. A contributing factor for the points lost.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Horteng
Posts: 2681
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 22:57
Location: Heart of the Forest, Glos
How many points have we dropped from winning positions? One for that stato's?
User avatar
Malabus
Posts: 12825
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:26
Location: The Death Star.
Horteng wrote:How many points have we dropped from winning positions? One for that stato's?
21 points.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Malabus wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 18:38
Horteng wrote:How many points have we dropped from winning positions? One for that stato's?
21 points.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Definitely Bobby Gould season territory.
art vandalay
Posts: 483
Joined: 24 Nov 2009, 22:11
Disappointing to drop two points again today, but let’s not forget that we’ve turned in very competitive displays against almost every team, with the exception of a few front-runners and that shambles against Cambridge.
asl
Posts: 5642
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 09:37
https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/january/club-statement

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Fuller
Posts: 1668
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 09:23
The substitutions were completely unnecessary in the last couple of minutes. The old saying goes never put a sub on in a defensive situation especially in the 95th minute which was exactly what Mike Duff chose to do.
Mike Duff is recognised as a top young manager but he got that wrong and it’s cost us.
And I’m well pi@@ed off….
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:50 The substitutions were completely unnecessary in the last couple of minutes. The old saying goes never put a sub on in a defensive situation especially in the 95th minute which was exactly what Mike Duff chose to do.
Mike Duff is recognised as a top young manager but he got that wrong and it’s cost us.
And I’m well pi@@ed off….
Was it a defensive situation or just a ball in their half?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
asl wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:45 https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/january/club-statement

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
Not nice and not what we do expect at Cheltenham. Another downer on today as well as the result.
Fuller
Posts: 1668
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 09:23
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 21:19
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:50 The substitutions were completely unnecessary in the last couple of minutes. The old saying goes never put a sub on in a defensive situation especially in the 95th minute which was exactly what Mike Duff chose to do.
Mike Duff is recognised as a top young manager but he got that wrong and it’s cost us.
And I’m well pi@@ed off….
Was it a defensive situation or just a ball in their half?
Throw in level with the box then a cross in the 95th minute.
Former Robin Ryan Inniss won the first header too easily and their new signing centre forward Aneke helped it over the line. Sickening.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 22:21
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 21:19
Fuller wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:50 The substitutions were completely unnecessary in the last couple of minutes. The old saying goes never put a sub on in a defensive situation especially in the 95th minute which was exactly what Mike Duff chose to do.
Mike Duff is recognised as a top young manager but he got that wrong and it’s cost us.
And I’m well pi@@ed off….
Was it a defensive situation or just a ball in their half?
Throw in level with the box then a cross in the 95th minute.
Former Robin Ryan Inniss won the first header too easily and their new signing centre forward Aneke helped it over the line. Sickening.
Throw ins in that area seem to be our blind spot. Think some of the last min goals at home last season…Cambridge, Bolton, Morecambe…were they all throws in that area? Cambridge definitely was.
Andrew GCAFC Fan
Posts: 39
Joined: 17 Apr 2020, 19:57
I was at the game yesterday. I thought you deserved to win, Charlton didn't impress that much. Felt you created more chances, your Number 9 was good, looked a handful.
Leaving the ground, Cheltenham supporters were disappointed. If you were given a Point against Charlton before the game, would you have taken it?
I think you have done well in League One so far. Watched you at Home against Morecambe and Charlton. Home form could see you OK in League One.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Andrew GCAFC Fan wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 01:15 I was at the game yesterday. I thought you deserved to win, Charlton didn't impress that much. Felt you created more chances, your Number 9 was good, looked a handful.
Leaving the ground, Cheltenham supporters were disappointed. If you were given a Point against Charlton before the game, would you have taken it?
I think you have done well in League One so far. Watched you at Home against Morecambe and Charlton. Home form could see you OK in League One.
No we would not have taken it before kick off. Going in to the game we knew this was one of the few ‘winnable’ games between now and March so three points was a must.
Si Robin
Posts: 3978
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:29
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 21:21
asl wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:45 https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/january/club-statement

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
Not nice and not what we do expect at Cheltenham. Another downer on today as well as the result.
From what I've seen on social media, it was Charlton fans. 3 have been arrested apparently.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Posts: 25937
Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 03:27
Si Robin wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 07:11
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 21:21
asl wrote: 15 Jan 2022, 19:45 https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/january/club-statement

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
Not nice and not what we do expect at Cheltenham. Another downer on today as well as the result.
From what I've seen on social media, it was Charlton fans. 3 have been arrested apparently.
Good. Well done all for taking action.
Ben version 4:0
Posts: 100
Joined: 31 May 2021, 05:22
There used to be a sage old poster on this site who always knew the coup. Ben3 said we would finish 14th and he was the only person who knew anything about football on the site. He was very rarely wrong.

I'd stick with him on that, the third season in a row he successfully predicted our finishing position. Remarkable really, I'm amazed more people don't listen to him...yet we have to put up with the inane blatherings of 'we need three points from next three games' nonsense
Post Reply