chelsea

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60585081

Interesting times ahead, Abramovich hastily getting rid of all his washing machines as quick as possible :roll: shows the truth about his involvement in English football.

Chelsea could be back to 20k at stamford bridge :lol:
asl
What truth is it showing...?

I've always been impressed with Abramovic, tbh... He's not like some wealthy owners who clearly have no knowledge nor interest in football: until fairly recently (when he was told he wasn't welcome in this country - about a year ago?) he was at every, single, match and clearly was there for his love of football.

Yes, everyone realises that, when he made his fortune during the demise of the Soviet Union, he almost certainly didn't operate fully within the law - but I don't think his love of the game is doubted. I'd rather have him as owner than the Glazers, for example.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

longmover
asl wrote: 02 Mar 2022, 17:27 What truth is it showing...?

I've always been impressed with Abramovic, tbh... He's not like some wealthy owners who clearly have no knowledge nor interest in football: until fairly recently (when he was told he wasn't welcome in this country - about a year ago?) he was at every, single, match and clearly was there for his love of football.

Yes, everyone realises that, when he made his fortune during the demise of the Soviet Union, he almost certainly didn't operate fully within the law - but I don't think his love of the game is doubted
love of the game is hard to quantify and I'm not overly fussed with that, his love of dubious business practices is probably more the reason he set up shop in London, the fact that he can write off £1.5b in debt is particularly vile considering the state of the world at the moment.
longmover
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60747640

grubby club, always were and always will be.