Saturday away crowd predictions

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 16:52
Fuller wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 17:55
little mo wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 14:58 Actually there was 712 away fans there. We live in Donny and my son works at the Royal Mail sorting office,his boss who is a Wednesday fan had a hospitality table for 10 and he invited Tom. So you were right Si,well done.
A great turnout. Couldn't make it myself due to late family commitments.
So four official coaches went so that's about 200 on the club buses.
So the other 500 odd must have made their own way to Sheffield.
Out of interest how did you others all travel?
My enquiry for the train was £84 return :shock:
Train for me. £20 return from Cheshire. Met up with three others, one on the train from Glasgow and two others who travelled from Wetherby by car.
They came from all corners for Hillsborough.
robinsrule
little mo wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 14:58 Actually there was 712 away fans there. We live in Donny and my son works at the Royal Mail sorting office,his boss who is a Wednesday fan had a hospitality table for 10 and he invited Tom. So you were right Si,well done.
I looked at the train from London and it was £60 each for two of us so I drove. I don’t understand who can afford to use trains in the UK, prices are a joke.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
robinsrule wrote: 01 Apr 2022, 19:32
I looked at the train from London and it was £60 each for two of us so I drove. I don’t understand who can afford to use trains in the UK, prices are a joke.
£60 each is £120.

If you bought a 2Together railcard for £30 (takes minutes on the app) that’s a third off. Takes the train down to £80 and you already make a profit on the railcard.

If you are likely to travel again with the same person in the next 12 months then would have been a sensible option.

I do a 2hr+ each way train commute one day a week. Would usually be over £100 at the times I want to to but I use splitmyfare.co.uk so get it for anything from £55 to £75.
Barrieowl
Result aside I hope you had a good day in the city and enjoyed a trip to one of the grand Old stadiums in English football.

I know it looks tired compared to the new builds but I'd loathe to see us move.

All the best