Player of the Year voting.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robins Trust Chair
Hello all,

Yesterday, we opened the voting for the Supporters Player of the Year award.

This award is always special to us as a Trust as it is named in honour of our late friend Bryan Jacob.

Every year, around this time, I feel almost duty-bound to repeat Bryan's story. As our founding secretary and a volunteer for eight years, Bryan gave us the extraordinary gift of his full estate in his will when he passed away.

Bryan chose to give his life savings not to the club, but to the fans of the club to further supporter investment and representation at our club. The Supporters Player of the Year award was renamed in his honour in 2016.

Voting is now open and will remain so until Easter Saturday, with the presentation of the award to be made at the final home game of the season against Bolton.

Votes (just one [or one per device as we can't afford an expensive voting platform]) can be placed here: https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/suppo ... -now-open/
Johnsons Red Army
Surely May gets this easily.
Fuller
Johnsons Red Army wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 13:53 Surely May gets this easily.
Quite often at CTFC, the player who wins the award then moves on at the end of that season ............
Last few were Waters, Eisa & Tozer.
Si Robin
I think it's obvious May gets it now. However, I think it was wide open until the beginning of February. Arguably between Matty Blair and Sean Long. Alfie's performances since signing his new deal have won him the award this year by a country mile now though.
Malabus
May obviously. Pollock and Wright worth a mention also.
asl
Didn't Wright get YPotY, last season?

May for me, too. Funny how most players dry up after securing the comfort of a new contract - whilst he has done the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Malabus
asl wrote:Didn't Wright get YPotY, last season?

May for me, too. Funny how most players dry up after securing the comfort of a new contract - whilst he has done the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk
Very true.
HamTown
May not be a difficult choice this year
Shade
When it's been an obvious choice for the fans POY in the last few years, I feel like the players player of the year, sponsors player of the year, etc, have been given to other players, rather than allowing a clean sweep. Which is nice.
Broadway Brian
I’d have gone with Pollock prior to Alfie hitting his rich vein of form.