Ecotricity for sale

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

ctfc-fan
Stale says he is going to keep FGR but as they’re currently owned by Ecotricity, it would be interesting to see how this works out.

Firstly he would have to buy the club from the company at a reasonable rate (I don’t think he can just transfer shares for no monetary value) and then bankroll them with his own money. I’m not convinced he’s the richest man around, not short of a few bob though.

Gloucestershire: Ecotricity boss Dale Vince steps down https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g ... e-60941251
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Check the calendar for today’s date.

Or is it true?
Ralph
This is going to get interesting lol
longmover
Ralph wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 11:00 This is going to get interesting lol
Very much so, FGR fans seem to think that as they are owned solely by DV and his own company then everything will be alright, this is DV getting bored with football he used it to get what he wants and now he's moving on, I'd be very concerned if I was a FGR fan as football for DV moves further down the pecking order.
asl
Max Griggs.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
https://www.punchline-gloucester.com/ar ... estershire

Ecopark/stadium still two or three years away according to DV, who also says some access issues need to be resolved and planning permission not yet secured.

Chances of this ever happening?

If it is going to be 2-3 years before building starts, then the stadium won’t be ready for, what, 4-5 years?

I cannot see how they can sustain L1 football in the current dump of a ground. I guess just relying on sponsorship on the back of hype and DV continuing to dip in his pockets.

What a vacuous shell of a club. Hope we help relegate them next season.
ctfc-fan
Stale was also in Punchline today saying the first company to move into the park will be The Devils Kitchen, of which he’s a shareholder. The accounts don’t look very good though…..

He also mentions his little diamond making pipe dream will move there but from what I can see all the relevant companies have been dissolved already.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 17:03 Stale was also in Punchline today saying the first company to move into the park will be The Devils Kitchen, of which he’s a shareholder. The accounts don’t look very good though…..

He also mentions his little diamond making pipe dream will move there but from what I can see all the relevant companies have been dissolved already.
Yes the Devil’s kitchen is the main focus of the Punchline link I posted.

All a bit strange. He says they have run out of space and need new premises. But that Ecopark won’t start construction for 2-3 years. So what is Devil’s Kitchen doing in the meantime?!
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 17:03 Stale was also in Punchline today saying the first company to move into the park will be The Devils Kitchen, of which he’s a shareholder. The accounts don’t look very good though…..

All a bit strange. He says they have run out of space and need new premises. But that Ecopark won’t start construction for 2-3 years. So what is Devil’s Kitchen doing in the meantime?!
Losing a lot of money if you look at the accounts….

Stale is either very good at making losses through group companies to keep CT down or he’s not actually that good a businessman and should maybe concentrate on one or two businesses.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 18:00

Stale is either very good at making losses through group companies to keep CT down or he’s not actually that good a businessman and should maybe concentrate on one or two businesses.
I would guess the latter. In his statement on selling Ecotricity he said they don’t have funds to build all the wind farms in their pipeline. Sounds like the business model collapsed.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 19:23
ctfc-fan wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 18:00

I would guess the latter. In his statement on selling Ecotricity he said they don’t have funds to build all the wind farms in their pipeline. Sounds like the business model collapsed.
I hope FGR kept all those old black and white shirts.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover
Deary me, what a shambles and glad someone is holding DV to account, no doubt all this will be ignored when he becomes the media darling on FGR's promotion.