Accrington Stanley v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Alf wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 14:52 Not a big fan of Freestone, he’s always got an error in him.
We've just given him a new deal too, one I would have released this summer but hope I am proven wrong.
Warwickshire Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
little mo wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 11:03
horlickfanclub wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 10:18 We were playing the biggest team in the Division, Pollock should have started. Only one of Long/Blair should have played. Freestone is not a wingback.
The Wright,Bonds,Ramsay midfield has not worked but is tried again and again.
Is it surprising we keep turning in bizarre performances? Tactics have failed.
As i have said before,you really do not like Duffo do you. Why?
Because Duff talks about shapes, phases and numbers which is too intellectual and modern for Horlick. Or some random grudge.

Either way, the rest of us know that this is shaping up to be the highest finish in the Club’s history and that Duff is looking like being the best manager we have ever had.
I agree with the last paragraph 100% RCS and I dont know if Horlick has a grudge or not but either way it should not stop legitimate questions being asked when things dont go as hoped. Thats one of the things a fans forum is for after all!

And I think a couple of points made are good questions i.e. the not playing of Matty Pollock who has been one of our best performers this season and the playing of the Bonds, Wright and Ramsey midfield again which performed so dismally against Crewe.

Of course we only make our judgements on matchday performances and dont get to see training or know who is carrying niggles but those two decisions do seem strange to me.

Notwithstanding this has been a fantastic season and lets hope we can finish in style and set those records, it is what they deserve for the hard work.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Robin
Agree about Pollock being our best defender especially against big and direct sides like Accrington. My only concern with him is a lack of pace which ultimately might stop him breaking into the Watford team.
HamTown
Whether Horlick has a grudge or not he raises good points. Anyone who watched the game on Saturday who thought the tactics and/or personnel were right must be bonkers
longmover
Does anyone think that by not playing Pollock Duff maybe getting the team used to him not being here next season?
Red Duke
longmover wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 14:40 Does anyone think that by not playing Pollock Duff maybe getting the team used to him not being here next season?
I was thinking the same of Saturday. As MD was referring to the height of the Accrington side, I was expecting both Andy Williams and Lewis Freestone to start. When Andy didn't play, I thought MD is definitely planning for next season without him.