New ticket system launched

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Well done to the Board, Club staff and partners from the Trust and suppliers.

A great improvement.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/april/ch ... et-system/
paperboy
This is great news, albeit well overdue.

Always thought that the financial outlay would be recouped by allowing targeted marketing etc. which will drive greater ticket sales,but hey I don't have access to any numbers.
The ticketing system seems to be well proven and we are following in the footsteps of clubs such as Stourbridge, Concord Rangers, Bury Town etc. In using them.
Red Duke
Hopefully there will be an option to print out away tickets.

If it does not become available then the current system of picking up tickets at the away grounds will be fine as it has worked well for me this season.
longmover
Welcome to 2022, hopefully this will be the rocket up the ar5e to bring the rest of the club up-to-date 'off field'
Fuller
longmover wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 08:17 Welcome to 2022, hopefully this will be the rocket up the ar5e to bring the rest of the club up-to-date 'off field'
Well it’s a start I suppose.
I also note that Kaizen’s existing customers are all non-league clubs?
longmover
Fuller wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 10:19
longmover wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 08:17 Welcome to 2022, hopefully this will be the rocket up the ar5e to bring the rest of the club up-to-date 'off field'
Well it’s a start I suppose.
I also note that Kaizen’s existing customers are all non-league clubs?
Who are streets ahead of CTFC in off field arrangements
Robin
We've been a league club for twenty years now, it's frankly embaressing that non-league clubs can have better ticketing processes than us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Non-league clubs do have fewer fans, and thus fewer moaners, to deal with. Plus it is easier for them to get grants for new turnstiles etc and they actually have space to install them rather than existing infrastructure.

But yes, we are about 20 years behind the times in some regards but I think now the Trust has started to modernise with new energy the Club will as well.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 15:09 Non-league clubs do have fewer fans, and thus fewer moaners, to deal with. Plus it is easier for them to get grants for new turnstiles etc and they actually have space to install them rather than existing infrastructure.

But yes, we are about 20 years behind the times in some regards but I think now the Trust has started to modernise with new energy the Club will as well.
the fact of the matter is that non league clubs have this installed and CTFC haven't, is embarrassing and us MOANERS have every right to express that. I applaud the board for finally doing this but its something that should have been done ten years ago. Hopefully the club continue the trend to modernize and don't see this as something they can just bask in while doing nothing else for the foreseeable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 07 Apr 2022, 08:54
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 15:09 Non-league clubs do have fewer fans, and thus fewer moaners, to deal with. Plus it is easier for them to get grants for new turnstiles etc and they actually have space to install them rather than existing infrastructure.

the fact of the matter is that non league clubs have this installed and CTFC haven't, is embarrassing and us MOANERS have every right to express that. I applaud the board for finally doing this but its something that should have been done ten years ago. Hopefully the club continue the trend to modernize and don't see this as something they can just bask in while doing nothing else for the foreseeable.
You missed my point. I agree with you completely. By moaners I mean people against positive changes and modernising who moan when the club try and do good things.
Shade
Whereas this is obviously good news and I'm not denying that...what exactly was the issue with the good old tried and tested method of physical tickets which, if you're unable to get before the game, you can pick up literally moments before you enter the ground? Just people being embarrassed because we didn't have turnstiles that you could scan a QR code at???
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 07 Apr 2022, 11:02 Whereas this is obviously good news and I'm not denying that...what exactly was the issue with the good old tried and tested method of physical tickets which, if you're unable to get before the game, you can pick up literally moments before you enter the ground? Just people being embarrassed because we didn't have turnstiles that you could scan a QR code at???
-Cost of printing (see lack of ink on season tickets).
-Queues at the ticket points (see many complaints on this forum).
-Paying staff to man ticket collection points.
- Cost of counting/transporting stubs and keeping them for audit etc

As a fan it is just the convenience and certainty. If one week there is a big collection queue I may miss kick off and if I go earlier next time and there is no queue I have to kill time.

Also, doing it digitally gets more people used to digitally engaging with the Club. Who knows what the digital ticket will be like, but it could include links to the club shop, quick buy function for future matches, etc.

Over time wouldn’t it be great if the whole matchday event was on one CTFC match ticket app. Collect points/digital stamps for prematch beers, club shop, programme purchases. Cashless click and collect food and drink. I would love to set up a recurring automated order, so as soon as I scan my barcode to enter the ground it pings my regular order to the canteen for me to collect a few mins later.

I want maximum ability to buy things and read content on matchday with minimum queueing and different things to fish out of pockets.

Travelling by train to a home game I have my train ticket on my phone, scan my Costa card on my phone and pay with my phone, listen to music/podcasts and read the newspaper on my phone on train, book/order/pay for lunch/drinks on my phone. It’s only when getting to the stadium I have to use paper. It’s not a big issue but its the perception of the club not keeping pace with every day life. In addition to the physical and financial benefits set out earlier in my post.
asl
Could we go the whole hog for a digital experience and simply replace the match with two teenagers streaming the match on FIFA...?

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote: 07 Apr 2022, 12:18 Could we go the whole hog for a digital experience and simply replace the match with two teenagers streaming the match on FIFA...?

Lol.

In all seriousness though, things like someone putting all the tickets for collection in each stand in alphabetical order costs the club time and money and someone sat in a hut handing them out costs the club time and money. The tickets themselves are things which cost time and money to print, only for most of the ticket to be binned hours later and for more time and money spent on collecting and counting stubs before they are also thrown away. Sounds daft when expressed like that.

I don’t know how many tonnes of ticket paper and printer ink chemicals football clubs collectively get through a year but the environmental cost of it won’t be insignificant, nor the financial and time costs. Seems silly to keep those costs when such an easy alternative, which customers are used to, exists.
SOFT MACHINE
Non-league, eh? Fewer moaners, eh? Are not Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham, for instance, considered non-league? All have gates far in excess of ours on a regular basis. How soon we forget we are just "Little Cheltenham". Ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
SOFT MACHINE wrote: 07 Apr 2022, 15:46 Non-league, eh? Fewer moaners, eh? Are not Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts County, Wrexham, for instance, considered non-league? All have gates far in excess of ours on a regular basis. How soon we forget we are just "Little Cheltenham". Ha ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Four clubs out of how many hundreds? Or even thousands?
asl
What gets me is that I've just discovered that I should have been 'embarrassed' about the previous state of affairs. I must've missed that original memo, but will hitherto hang my head in shame until the new system is fully bedded in.

bigdavejambo
am i reading this as season tickets will be plastic cards from next season?
Fuller
bigdavejambo wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 16:37 am i reading this as season tickets will be plastic cards from next season?
Nah. It’ll be an app on your dog’n’bone…..
Maybe or not.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
bigdavejambo wrote: 08 Apr 2022, 16:37 am i reading this as season tickets will be plastic cards from next season?
Hope not. In 2022 cards are like Minidiscs in 2001.
Shade
Pretty sure a good number of our regular ST holders would prefer something physical than digital, given their age.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 11:40 Pretty sure a good number of our regular ST holders would prefer something physical than digital, given their age.
Hence my comment about segments of the fanbase making it hard for the Board to introduce change.

I don’t see why they can’t use plastic cards for those who want something physical and a digital ticket for those who want that.
robinsrule
Is there a single CTFC fan without a mobile these days?

Without having read the link, I hope this applies to away tickets too although I suppose that depends on the club we are visiting. Sometimes I cannot commit to matches until the day so if I can’t pick up from the stadium I cannot go. Having to buy a day or more in advance for a largely empty away section makes no sense.
Wellwisher
robinsrule wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 16:43 Is there a single CTFC fan without a mobile these days?
I happen to know that Season Ticket holders at Spurs - shiny new billion pound stadium and all - have mobile ticketing as standard, but also have plastic entry cards as well, for those who don't have a smart phone (incl kids). You have to upload your photo onto the card before it is issued.

The same turnstile entry system deals with both - you just scan your phone on the top of the monitor or tap your card on the side, as appropriate. The equipment also accommodates print at home paper tickets as well.

Once inside, everything is cashless.
bigdavejambo
Wellwisher wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 23:12
robinsrule wrote: 09 Apr 2022, 16:43 Is there a single CTFC fan without a mobile these days?
I happen to know that Season Ticket holders at Spurs - shiny new billion pound stadium and all - have mobile ticketing as standard, but also have plastic entry cards as well, for those who don't have a smart phone (incl kids). You have to upload your photo onto the card before it is issued.

The same turnstile entry system deals with both - you just scan your phone on the top of the monitor or tap your card on the side, as appropriate. The equipment also accommodates print at home paper tickets as well.

Once inside, everything is cashless.

a plastic card is much better than a mobile as there are times when technology doesnt work or signals/batteries are down