Glos 2022

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
That time of year again.

Bracey starts life in Div 1 with a great knock of 117.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Higgy with a ton!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Epic fail of a thread in hindsight. Bring on 2023.
theidlerich
Chelt ckt fest a pale imitation of previous years; leaving aside the squads performance the dearth of fooderies and 'club' tents make for a poor atmosphere. Decent crowds but many felt the same. Hopefully ECB will allow a better fixture sequence and GCCC are sensible and allow the return of the tents! Interestingly the Cayman islands mini tent was unmanned most of the time - perhaps they were not expecting tourists, but plotting better ways of 'off-shore' tax evasion techniques.
paperboy
Yes, I have to agree.
I don't live locally so I watched the stream and initially I liked the visual appeal of the brightly coloured canopies.
Then it slowly dawned that there were two instead of three stands etc.etc.
As you say the fixture list wasn't appetising at all and I suppose Glos reduced the capacity with there being no T20.
None of the teams have crowd pulling players like say Ben Stokes either which doesn't help.
Unless things change, then in ten years time Glos could pull the plug on the festival when for decades it has been the salvation of their balance sheet.
It's high summer and this weekend has few counties in action, but hey The Hundred starts soon-Wow!