Posh bond

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
Keep forgetting the Posh will be in our division next season.

Anyway this is a scheme they have come up with to progress the club.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... ss-3694820

As some have said a 9% interest rate sounds too good and if it is such a good thing big investors would have piled in.
I think our racecourse did something similar to raise cash which was successful.

I expect this is something our board will have discussed.
I'll sound pessimistic, but I just can't see a club of our size actually demolishing our main stand. It just doesn't happen.
Extending it towards the bowling green and making piecemeal improvements sounds more realistic to me.
Are we still waiting for Cakebridge Place to be sorted out?
Fuller
Glos CCC did something similar about five years ago. Seemed a good deal at the time but was forgotten about.
I honestly think we will not see any major ground improvements in the next 5 years at least, unless there are changes to our club’s business model.
Robin
The new main stand is essential for our long term existence but when it's going to cost £5million+ to build we have no chance unless we can find some decent external investment or help from the council.
Fuller
Help from the council? In other towns maybe…..
Shade
Probably need to wait 5 years for prices to come down. If we get any building work down now the materials will cost a s#!t load more than, hopefully, a few years time...yeah I'm being an optimist at the moment.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote: 20 May 2022, 15:00 Help from the council? In other towns maybe…..
This is why sometime ago I made my suggestion that the Council incorporate a new office for them into a new stand complex.

Most Council’s are only utilising about 30% of floor space post-covid with remote/hybrid working being the default for a lot of staff.

And a number of Councils are selling or renting out buildings as they downsize. And a number are building new offices more fit for purpose in terms of layout, maintenance costs, and energy efficiency.

If CBC sold or rented out the Municip they would be able to build a new stand with there offices in and still have loadsa cash in the bank.

And if they had some shared working space, or a space to rent out to a gym or nursery etc.

I guess the Council staff don’t want to decamp from one of, if not the, best locations in the country to Whaddon which is why it would be a non-starter but financially it makes sense.

In fact, the KPIs and assessment framework in CBC’s 2022 asset management strategy should help make the case for a relocation.
Fuller
Excellent idea RCS but as I said, in other towns maybe.
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 20 May 2022, 15:43
Fuller wrote: 20 May 2022, 15:00 Help from the council? In other towns maybe…..
This is why sometime ago I made my suggestion that the Council incorporate a new office for them into a new stand complex.

Most Council’s are only utilising about 30% of floor space post-covid with remote/hybrid working being the default for a lot of staff.

And a number of Councils are selling or renting out buildings as they downsize. And a number are building new offices more fit for purpose in terms of layout, maintenance costs, and energy efficiency.

If CBC sold or rented out the Municip they would be able to build a new stand with there offices in and still have loadsa cash in the bank.

And if they had some shared working space, or a space to rent out to a gym or nursery etc.

I guess the Council staff don’t want to decamp from one of, if not the, best locations in the country to Whaddon which is why it would be a non-starter but financially it makes sense.

In fact, the KPIs and assessment framework in CBC’s 2022 asset management strategy should help make the case for a relocation.
That is the only way this club will survive in the football league with our small capacity to maximise gate receipts.