Would you rather…

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mansfield or Port Vale to win L2 playoffs and join us in L1 next season?

For me, Mansfield vs Derby would be an interesting fixture. And I am more likely to go to Mansfield for a couple of different reasons. So I would go for them.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 22 May 2022, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
little mo
Why Keith Curle?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote: 22 May 2022, 08:32 Why Keith Curle?
I don’t care either away about Keith Curle. That was just a factual observation, not linked to my preferences. I can see it was not clear.
little mo
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 22 May 2022, 08:33
I don’t care either away about Keith Curle. That was just a factual observation, not linked to my preferences. I can see it was not clear.
Call me thick if you like but i still do not understand the Curle connection,Cloughie is manager at Mansfield.
asl
When I looked at the L2 playoffs at the end of the regular season, I said I hoped they all lost as I didn't want any of them promoted... I guess Mansfield would be the best of the bad lot.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Robin
Mansfield are another small club with a benefactor pumping in loads of money, if they come up the investment will keep them up. I've also been to Field Mill loads of times so it doesn't really interest me even if it's not too far to visit and you can stop over in Nottingham.

Port Vale always struck me as a dislikeable club with some weird fans but if they come up I think they will go straight back down which is good for us. Also it's a pretty straight forward and relative journey straight motorway so I'd prefer they come up.
asl
Port Vale guaranteed to take 4 points against us, whether they go down or not. Conversely, we'd probably have seen all 6 points against Swindon !

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Shade
Same as asl, didn’t want any of the playoff teams to come up. I didn’t want any of the auto teams to come up either! I’ll just take what comes.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
little mo wrote: 22 May 2022, 09:05
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 22 May 2022, 08:33
Call me thick if you like but i still do not understand the Curle connection,Cloughie is manager at Mansfield.
Ha you’re right. I actually was going to write it would be “interesting to see Nigel Clough manage against Derby” but when I googled to check Clough was actually manager the first few hits were about Keith Curle praising the Mansfield owners, so I thought he must have replaced Clough without me realising! Silly me.
longmover
I only found out yesterday that swindle lost, lovely stuff.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote: 22 May 2022, 09:21 Mansfield are another small club with a benefactor pumping in loads of money, if they come up the investment will keep them up. I've also been to Field Mill loads of times so it doesn't really interest me even if it's not too far to visit and you can stop over in Nottingham.

Port Vale always struck me as a dislikeable club with some weird fans but if they come up I think they will go straight back down which is good for us. Also it's a pretty straight forward and relative journey straight motorway so I'd prefer they come up.
Vale certainly a game where a quick in an out on the motorway is needed. Not one to enjoy a whole day or weekend visiting.
Malabus
Mansfield, only because I think Port Vale would be a stronger team in L1.
Fuller
Port Vale it is then.
At least we can welcome back Chris Hussey as long as he isn’t injured again. No sign of him today.
little mo
I thought Vale were superb. Mansfield could'nt live with them first half. Hussey out injured,again. Wilson up front was top drawer. They will be no pushovers.
Broadway Brian
little mo wrote:I thought Vale were superb. Mansfield could'nt live with them first half. Hussey out injured,again. Wilson up front was top drawer. They will be no pushovers.
Agreed. The manager has grit and the likes of Wilson have pedigree.

They are also one of the better run clubs with the owners really connecting the club back with the community after previous ownership fiascos.

I don’t like the soap dodging herberts but begrudgingly respect the club.