One week

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
It's now one week since JP reported an approach from Barnsley for our manager and six days since Sky news reported that permission had been given. What have the club said to the fans in response to these claims,well nothing of course,not a single word on the club website. So is it true? If so,would'nt it be nice if it was confirmed or denied by the club so that us fans (who pay the majority of the clubs income) know.
Sorry,marks out of ten for public relations,one at best.
longmover
there maybe some legal obligations at work but yes nothing from the club is poor but I don't expect anything less tbh
plymrob
Sorry, but I always seem to be delivering an alternative point of view.

JP & other news outlets (probably related)... Person applies for a job... and/or gets an interview; at that point, based on relationships, they might mention it to the boss - one if time off needed, and/or two for a reference. When normally does that ever get publicised..?

Barnsley are interested... Full stop. As will other clubs be. For me, at this point, MD and CTFC have no obligations to say anything.
ctfc-fan
plymrob wrote:Sorry, but I always seem to be delivering an alternative point of view.

JP & other news outlets (probably related)... Person applies for a job... and/or gets an interview; at that point, based on relationships, they might mention it to the boss - one if time off needed, and/or two for a reference. When normally does that ever get publicised..?

Barnsley are interested... Full stop. As will other clubs be. For me, at this point, MD and CTFC have no obligations to say anything.
Completely agree
Si Robin
plymrob wrote: 25 May 2022, 16:21 Sorry, but I always seem to be delivering an alternative point of view.

Don't be coming here with your logic and reasoning - it's not welcome.
Horteng
Still red hot favourite in the betting I seen earlier
CTFC.Harry
Hope I'm wrong but I suspect he will leave. I just have a feeling. Why hasn't he signed a contract here? I feel that his future at the club will be clearer quite soon. Either he will sign a contract before pre season starts or he will leave beforehand . I feel he would want the club to have time to find a replacement if he does leave. Only time will tell. Hope I'm wrong!
Broadway Brian
It’s not about obligation - it’s about comms and PR with the fan base, THE key vested party aside from Duff himself.

Also happens to be prime season ticket renewal time…
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote: 25 May 2022, 16:48
plymrob wrote:Sorry, but I always seem to be delivering an alternative point of view.

Completely agree
I also agree. People just love to find random reasons to knock the club.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Broadway Brian wrote: 25 May 2022, 20:31 It’s not about obligation - it’s about comms and PR with the fan base, THE key vested party aside from Duff himself.

Also happens to be prime season ticket renewal time…
What do you expect the club to say?

“Yes the reports are correct but we know as much as you do about whether Barnsley are going to offer him the job”?

“No the reports are wrong and JP is wrong”?
Broadway Brian
Well, there’s a very simple bit of comms for one - some confirmation from the club that an official approach has been made and whether or not permission has been granted.

Or let us read about it in the local press / via a local journo with no corroboration either way from the club.

Some kind of timeline for a decision would be great but not realistic.

Not looking to bash the club at every turn as some seem to like to do but I do find the silence on this particular topic both surprising and frustrating.

Personally, I’m petrified that he goes so the silence is killing me. Maybe I’m a natural worrier and others are calmer!!

I just want to build on last season and have another crack at it with Duffy.

Highly conscious he’ll move on at some point in the not too distant future.
little mo
Broadway Brian wrote: 26 May 2022, 06:06 Well, there’s a very simple bit of comms for one - some confirmation from the club that an official approach has been made and whether or not permission has been granted.

Or let us read about it in the local press / via a local journo with no corroboration either way from the club.

Some kind of timeline for a decision would be great but not realistic.

Not looking to bash the club at every turn as some seem to like to do but I do find the silence on this particular topic both surprising and frustrating.

Personally, I’m petrified that he goes so the silence is killing me. Maybe I’m a natural worrier and others are calmer!!

I just want to build on last season and have another crack at it with Duffy.

Highly conscious he’ll move on at some point in the not too distant future.
This is all i was saying. Is it true that an approach has been made and is it true that we are allowing it? I am not interested in any of the ins and outs of said talks,just confirmation that what JP is saying is true. RCS,if you can find another example of where i have "knocked" the club, then I would be pleased to see it.
longmover
CTFC's media / PR has always been appallingly bad, light years behind most clubs even non league, its getting better but still doesn't seem to be much of a concern for the board, which is really quite something in 2022.
paperboy
Perhaps that's why we are recruiting for a media/ communications manager.
Jerry St Clair
Incredibly unfair to bash the club on this.

Remember this is an employer/employee relationship. I have no expectation of a company telling me private information about the current status of an employee. That would be unethical and, possibly, illegal.
Broadway Brian
Jerry St Clair wrote:Incredibly unfair to bash the club on this.

Remember this is an employer/employee relationship. I have no expectation of a company telling me private information about the current status of an employee. That would be unethical and, possibly, illegal.
Nobody’s asking that of course.

Maybe Duff should be brought to task for disclosing to the public that Boyle had a) been offered a contract and b) had chosen not to sign it.

I think he also may have broken the club’s EDI policy in mocking Callum Wright’s dress sense.
Shade
Why would the club themselves put doubt in fans minds when there’s a short amount of time until the early bird deal ends? We know what’s going on and will know if anything else happens, via JP or the club, so we’re just going to have to be patient, and just hope it’s all resolved quickly.
Horteng
Considering we have a full time media guy the communication from the club is and has always been poor