Tozer

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
Another season in the conference to come,enjoy.
little mo
The irony of it all is 119th minute winner from a long throw.
Fuller
Failure of a season for Wrexham despite the funds Parkinson was given.
Wonder if he’ll survive?
If he goes wonder who they’ll go for?
And don’t come knocking on the door at Whaddon Road ……
Robin
They could be in a mess with the wage limitations coming in next season although I'm sure there will be concessions for players already under contract.

On the manager front I wouldn't be shocked to see Parkinson sacked and someone like Nigel Clough or Graham Alexander go in there.
slinky_dog
It is worth having a read of the Wrexham forum if you want a chuckle

Most of the focus is on Parkinson but enjoyed this post:

“Tozer is a conference level defender with a premiership level throw”

Which is why Duff does so well. Getting conference level players performing at a league above
paperboy
Suspect Wrexham will offload Tozer and Palmer to a donkey sanctuary in Snowdonia.
Robin
Tozer would still start for us in my opinion, he was a fine defender and leader, just a shame he chased the money.
Horteng
So glad Wrexham lost. The media circus around them and their owners is a joke (bit like Salford although that’s died down a bit now)

The will sack Parkinson now and someone else will fail to get them promoted next year.

Unlucky Ben. Enjoy next season in non league again

Up the Mariners
longmover
the defending in that game from both sides was appalling.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:02 Tozer would still start for us in my opinion, he was a fine defender and leader, just a shame he chased the money.
You on a wind up? Tozer was slower and less mobile than Boyle, missed more kicks/headers and let long balls bounce more frequently.

We barely got away with Boyle in our system this season, let alone Tozer as well.

£200k was the best bit of business we did. Feels like we mugged Wrexham off but that just makes it even better!
Ben version 4:0
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 30 May 2022, 14:32
Robin wrote: 28 May 2022, 18:02 Tozer would still start for us in my opinion, he was a fine defender and leader, just a shame he chased the money.
You on a wind up? Tozer was slower and less mobile than Boyle, missed more kicks/headers and let long balls bounce more frequently.

We barely got away with Boyle in our system this season, let alone Tozer as well.

£200k was the best bit of business we did. Feels like we mugged Wrexham off but that just makes it even better!
Completely agree. Tozer wouldn't get in the 18! FFS what games have to watched?

Boyle isn't good enough either. Poor! Whilst the boo boys pile in on our two excellent keepers they miss how rubbish boyle has been. Great chap - c!#p player.

I do wonder what people watch sometimes. Tozer was a liability in the conference !
Warwickshire Robin
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 30 May 2022, 19:39

Boyle isn't good enough either. Poor! Whilst the boo boys pile in on our two excellent keepers they miss how rubbish boyle has been. Great chap - c!#p player.

I do wonder what people watch sometimes. Tozer was a liability in the conference !
I think to say Will Boyle is a c!#p player is incredibly harsh Ben! He has been a good player for us over the last 5 or 6 seasons (when fit!) and I don't think it is any coincidence that our results generally seem to have been better with him in the team than when he isn't.

What Boyle is, is a good defender in the 'old school' mold , strong, wins headers good from set pieces at both ends. Where he struggles is with the modern obsession with playing out from the back which he just isn't overly comfortable doing that and that's where his problems come from. Whether that is totally down to him or lack of movement in front of him causing issues like it is with the goalkeepers playing out from the back I'm not sure, but I think Will needs a bit more credit and I suspect he will be one of those players we miss a lot more than we think next season when he's gone.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 31 May 2022, 07:56
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 30 May 2022, 19:39

I think to say Will Boyle is a c!#p player is incredibly harsh Ben! He has been a good player for us over the last 5 or 6 seasons (when fit!) and I don't think it is any coincidence that our results generally seem to have been better with him in the team than when he isn't.

What Boyle is, is a good defender in the 'old school' mold , strong, wins headers good from set pieces at both ends. Where he struggles is with the modern obsession with playing out from the back which he just isn't overly comfortable doing that and that's where his problems come from. Whether that is totally down to him or lack of movement in front of him causing issues like it is with the goalkeepers playing out from the back I'm not sure, but I think Will needs a bit more credit and I suspect he will be one of those players we miss a lot more than we think next season when he's gone.
If his replacement can head away or control long punts up the pitch without letting opposition players through for a one-on-one whilst floundering behind them then we won’t miss him at all.