Walsall.

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
Hope overseas investment companies don't ever gain control of our club.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/ju ... -ownership
longmover
Again, why have an Investment Group based in Alabama USA got interest in a league 2 football club?

I see they have made investment already, I bet they have, you can only keep cash stacked into a boat offshore for so long :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 12:12 Again, why have an Investment Group based in Alabama USA got interest in a league 2 football club?

I see they have made investment already, I bet they have, you can only keep cash stacked into a boat offshore for so long :lol:
Answer is in the article:

“Facilitating and completing the purchase of the stadium freehold is a top priority for the new ownership group.”

Overnight the stadium becomes a positive asset on the balance sheet.

And the land around it is in a designated regeneration zone in Transport for West Midlands ‘unlocking economic benefits of HS2’ so the land will be going up in value as well.

They can then sell the club, stadium and land for a profit, or keep it all but start charging rent to the club.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 13:20
longmover wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 12:12 Again, why have an Investment Group based in Alabama USA got interest in a league 2 football club?

“Facilitating and completing the purchase of the stadium freehold is a top priority for the new ownership group.”

And the land around it is in a designated regeneration zone in Transport for West Midlands ‘unlocking economic benefits of HS2’ so the land will be going up in value as well.

They can then sell the club, stadium and land for a profit, or keep it all but start charging rent to the club.
lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 08:18
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 13:20

lol
What do you find amusing about a speculative land/property investment?
longmover
that Wallsall's (ex)owners are stupid or greedy enough to do it on the basis the clubs biggest asset could be sold for non footballing reasons and there's nothing they can do about it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 12:19 that Wallsall's (ex)owners are stupid or greedy enough to do it on the basis the clubs biggest asset could be sold for non footballing reasons and there's nothing they can do about it.
Ah yes. That is funny.