Blackpool

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Given permission to speak to Michael Duff: https://bit.ly/DuffBlackpool
Nesty
This would make more sense than Barnsley
duckers
Quote from Blackpool's CEO re their next manager:

“But they have to be hard working, they have to try and understand the town, they have to have us organised, we want to be entertained. They need to understand where we are and what we’re about, so they need to be able to develop players, they need to have some nous and the ability to go up against teams with bigger budgets and bigger teams and prepare us tactically"

Duffo prime candidate for this, surely. May serve Barnsley right for dilly dallying.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I guess Duff has the Lancashire connection but otherwise getting someone who understands Cheltenham to understand Blackpool is nigh on impossible.
Malabus
Blackpool got those things called the working class, also has a huge drug problem, no place to bring up his kids.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Jon Palmer
Statement from club on Duff's future here: https://bit.ly/CTFCOnDuffFuture
Anteros
Blackpool interview end of week!? This is dragging now!
CTFCfan99
Yeah, this really needs to get sorted ASAP or we're gonna be so far behind with our preparation.
ROKERITE
I don't think either of the clubs Duff has been linked with would be a good move for him. But I actually believe Barnsley would be a better choice than Blackpool at this time.
Blackpool have just lost a manager who did an outstanding job, getting them promoted and then finishing in comfortable lower mid-table. Duff will have to do very well just keep them around where Critchley left them; he'll have to run to stand still. Barnsley have just been relegated. He will have a good chance of mounting a promotion campaign with them. It could be a wise step in his managerial career.
I still think he'd be well advised to stay with you for now. If he can improve on what was a good 2021-2 then better opportunities than the two B's will come along.
little mo
ROKERITE wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 07:28 I don't think either of the clubs Duff has been linked with would be a good move for him. But I actually believe Barnsley would be a better choice than Blackpool at this time.
Blackpool have just lost a manager who did an outstanding job, getting them promoted and then finishing in comfortable lower mid-table. Duff will have to do very well just keep them around where Critchley left them; he'll have to run to stand still. Barnsley have just been relegated. He will have a good chance of mounting a promotion campaign with them. It could be a wise step in his managerial career.
I still think he'd be well advised to stay with you for now. If he can improve on what was a good 2021-2 then better opportunities than the two B's will come along.
The voice of reason. I personally agree with everything you say. Stay here Michael,you know it makes sense.
Nesty
on most if not all betting sites have Duff as favourite
Warwickshire Robin
I have been over on to a Blackpool fans forum site, AVFTT, to see what the views are on there about the manager position and there is an hilarious thread called 'Official approach for Duff' in which one fan in particular seems to have taken a massive dislike to MD owing to his 'Dad dancing' video after we won the league.

If you get 10 minutes and fancy a good laugh it is worth a read!!
Last edited by Warwickshire Robin on 08 Jun 2022, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Si Robin
Wow - what a numpty that lad is.

He of course misses the vital point in his Duff v Evatt argument - Duff won League 2 ahead of Evatt's Bolton!!
little mo
Si Robin wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 12:28 Wow - what a numpty that lad is.

He of course misses the vital point in his Duff v Evatt argument - Duff won League 2 ahead of Evatt's Bolton!!
Yep,and with a fraction of Evatts budget.
little mo
Also on that forum somebody claims that Duffo has forfiets in training. Some players get slapped in face with a wet goalies glove others are made to do a roly poly from one penalty area to the other,and other stupid claims. Also somebody has put the video of MD doing that silly dance when we won the title.Well that made some go right off him,calling him childish and thick.
Shade
little mo wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 14:31 Also on that forum somebody claims that Duffo has forfiets in training. Some players get slapped in face with a wet goalies glove others are made to do a roly poly from one penalty area to the other,and other stupid claims. Also somebody has put the video of MD doing that silly dance when we won the title.Well that made some go right off him,calling him childish and thick.
The wet keepers glove thing is true at least. He said it in am interview with The Guardian (I think) this year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 16:20
little mo wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 14:31 Also on that forum somebody claims that Duffo has forfiets in training. Some players get slapped in face with a wet goalies glove others are made to do a roly poly from one penalty area to the other,and other stupid claims. Also somebody has put the video of MD doing that silly dance when we won the title.Well that made some go right off him,calling him childish and thick.
The wet keepers glove thing is true at least. He said it in am interview with The Guardian (I think) this year.
Correct, it was in the Guardian pre-Sheff Wed. Duff described it himself so it is not a made up claim:

“Then there are the uncompromising forfeits. “One of them is the glove slap,” says Duff. “They get the goalkeeper’s glove, soak it in water, and then twat them across the face – twice. We often laugh because we say: ‘Can you imagine Ronaldo doing this?’ They have to do roly-polys from 18-yard box to 18-yard box. It’s horrible. But they all do it. Everyone’s the same. Don’t decide: ‘Well, he’s more important than her so I’m going to say hello to him but I’m going to blank the cleaner.’ It’s a load of nonsense. Just because you’re a footballer, it’s not acceptable to be a knobhead.”

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... iant-steps
little mo
Wow,I did not know that. Excuse the pun but I am a bit gob smacked to be honest.
longmover
tbf the majority of footballers are childish and thick
Broadway Brian
Interesting to see what happens to Derby next season if Rosenior gets the Blackpool job. He seemed to have a lot of input into their performance last season.
Ralph
I'm disliking how long all this process is taking., Its like any team can come along and say, MD's in our top 10, our top 5, our top3 and whittle them down on a weekly basis. Meanwhile our recruitment goes on hold kinda with players not knowing for sure if he'll be manager
little mo
Ralph wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 16:14 I'm disliking how long all this process is taking., Its like any team can come along and say, MD's in our top 10, our top 5, our top3 and whittle them down on a weekly basis. Meanwhile our recruitment goes on hold kinda with players not knowing for sure if he'll be manager
Spot on.