Bairstow

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
What a fantastic innings to cap a fabulous Test Match -
SHANDY VOR
A marvellous display, and a lot of confidence around the team. Lovely.

I just hope that the team doesn't try to come out and smack everything all the time and get carried away with itself. Only recently the pundits were criticising England for trying to play expansively and not being able to build an innings and occupy the crease.

Ironically it was New Zealand around 10 years ago that provided the blueprint for our emergence in one day cricket, and now the same for the Tests - this time via their Coach and Captain.

Can't wait for the 3rd test, but I guess that until I can work out how to time travel then I'll have to.
Shade
Yeah, as good as the last couple of Tests have been, it'll take a bit longer before I fully trust that we may have left behind our bad old ways. I mean, we still collapsed in the first Test, so it's certainly not out of the system. It was a bloody good pitch at Trent Bridge. Headingley is known for wickets coming fast at times so it could be a completely different story, England all out for 90 and an innings and a huge defeat. But fingers crossed it really is a new dawn.
theidlerich
The 'New Dawn' still needs two quick bowlers; another reliable opener [keep lees], and a decent spinner!
.and GCCC needs a real overhaul! What on earth is going on at the County Ground?
SHANDY VOR
We looked to have a good squad on paper, but paper doesn't win matches.

Seems to be a gulf between the top half and bottom half of cricket.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me if we came back after the limited over stuff and had a purple patch, wouldn't take too many wins to climb out of trouble.