Another gone

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Richard Joyce gone.
So that's three staff departed in a week. Who is next?
Meanwhile FGR have signed three new players today.
everyman
We need a statement from the board it`s slightly concerning with all theses departures,what`s going on ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:06 We need a statement from the board it`s slightly concerning with all theses departures,what`s going on ?
No different from many other sectors. Staff churn is worse than ever!
Horteng
Joyce gone back to FGR?

Good riddance IMO. When ever questions are asked he becomes very aggressive and suggests "Meeting up" lol (I am not joking)
Si Robin
Which, strangely, you never seemed to take him up on.

For someone as critical as you are and, to be frank, no-one else is ever as critical as you, you always seemed to shy away when asked to provide option on what could be done better.

I liked Joycie, and I think he'll be a big miss.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:23 Which, strangely, you never seemed to take him up on.

For someone as critical as you are and, to be frank, no-one else is ever as critical as you, you always seemed to shy away when asked to provide option on what could be done better.

Yes, would have been good for Horteng to have met Joycie over coffee or in the office and passed on advice to help the club. Oh well.
paperboy
Si Robin wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:23 Which, strangely, you never seemed to take him up on.

For someone as critical as you are and, to be frank, no-one else is ever as critical as you, you always seemed to shy away when asked to provide option on what could be done

Yes agreed, always seemed to be polite and conscientious.
At least the crackly microphone in last week's interview gave you one last chance to criticise him Horteng.
We all criticise someone occasionally, but you seemed to go way beyond that.

Wish him well wherever he's gone.

In fairness what career pathway do people have within a club of our size?
As an aside I didn't realise Finners was back, which I noticed somewhere on the club site.
Fuller
paperboy wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 18:08

For someone as critical as you are and, to be frank, no-one else is ever as critical as you, you always seemed to shy away when asked to provide option on what could be done

Yes agreed, always seemed to be polite and conscientious.
At least the crackly microphone in last week's interview gave you one last chance to criticise him Horteng.
We all criticise someone occasionally, but you seemed to go way beyond that.

Wish him well wherever he's gone.

In fairness what career pathway do people have within a club of our size?
As an aside I didn't realise Finners was back, which I noticed somewhere on the club site.
Finners back? Perhaps he’s the new Head Coach…..
Ihearye
everyman wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 17:06 We need a statement from the board it`s slightly concerning with all theses departures,what`s going on ?
That is if he jumped and was not pushed or just came to end of contract.
everyman
Is the ship sinking ? :?
ctfc-fan
everyman wrote:Is the ship sinking ? :?
Nope. Coaches aren’t normally going to move mid season so now it’s end of season they’re moving.
Horteng
Si Robin wrote:Which, strangely, you never seemed to take him up on.

I have absolutely no issues with him personally. I just think the coverage and media that comes out of the club is poor. The majority of it is BBC, JP or the media students. Very little comes from the club other than ticket info etc. We need a person to engage the players/ coaching staff more with the fans. More personal. “Getting to know you” type stuff.

Nothing personal against RJ. I like him as a person I just think the content is poor and lacking particularly when you look at the job description
CTFC.Harry
Don’t read too much into it. Joyce had been here a while so probably just fancied a change, same case with the academy coach getting a nice promotion to Reading. I’d only worry if some of the key figures within the club left such as MM, Russ or Wade. If anything I think the changes around the club are a good opportunity to push on in the league with the start of a new era! There’s still continuity where it matters.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC.Harry wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 13:08 Don’t read too much into it. Joyce had been here a while so probably just fancied a change, same case with the academy coach getting a nice promotion to Reading. I’d only worry if some of the key figures within the club left such as MM, Russ or Wade. If anything I think the changes around the club are a good opportunity to push on in the league with the start of a new era! There’s still continuity where it matters.
True. We only establish and grow in this league by progressing off the pitch as well as on. Look forward not back.
Ralph
Horteng wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 12:22

I have absolutely no issues with him personally.
With some of the digs you made at him?? Hate to see what you are like when you do have issues then
longmover
Don't really understand all the fanfare and gushing for him on the socials, he didn't really improve the clubs media outlet at all, considering the club are in the 1940's regarding PR and media it's not a fantastic endorsement of his time here, unless there were other factors??
Ihearye
longmover wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 12:04 Don't really understand all the fanfare and gushing for him on the socials, he didn't really improve the clubs media outlet at all, considering the club are in the 1940's regarding PR and media it's not a fantastic endorsement of his time here, unless there were other factors??
Emperor's new clothes
SHANDY VOR
Horteng wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 12:22

I have absolutely no issues with him personally. I just think the coverage and media that comes out of the club is poor. The majority of it is BBC, JP or the media students. Very little comes from the club other than ticket info etc. We need a person to engage the players/ coaching staff more with the fans. More personal. “Getting to know you” type stuff.

Nothing personal against RJ. I like him as a person I just think the content is poor and lacking particularly when you look at the job description

Have to agree with this, Naughty Horty is one of the most intolerant posters on here - I don't think he likes outsiders, and fears what he doesn't understand.

I wouldn't mind betting he lives somewhere deep in the Forest of Dean :)