New signing number one

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
longmover
good news, lets keep the ball rolling now.
little mo
Don't think anyone saw this one coming. Welcome young man.
Si Robin
Sounds a promising prospect. Went to Norwich for decent money from Rochdale, but that injury he got at Gillingham is a bit concerning.
Robin
Not the player I was told about, is he an attacking midfielder or a more replacement for Connor Thomas?
shevates
Not a signing I was expecting but promising, but agree with si ronin regarding the injury. First puc in the link, be nice to see those two on the same side
shevates
shevates wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:41 Not a signing I was expecting but promising, but agree with si ronbin regarding the injury. First pic in the link, be nice to see those two on the same side
shevates
shevates wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:41 Not a signing I was expecting but promising, but agree with si robin regarding the injury. First pic in the link, be nice to see those two on the same side
Warwickshire Robin
Robin wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:37 Not the player I was told about, is he an attacking midfielder or a more replacement for Connor Thomas?
From some extensive research (5 mins on Google & Wikipedia!) he seems to be more of a replacement for Conor. Also the injury was a broken metatarsal picked up in November so hopefully should be no problem with that moving forward.
Fuller
We seem to be signing younger players now with a view to selling them on. We’ve not done enough of that over the years.
But as they say “you win nothing with kids” :lol: :lol:
Robin
I think it's the right way forward Fuller. I would say the majority of our signings will be younger players with a view to a few being sold on however we do need to supplement those with the odd sprinkling of more experienced pros like Andy Williams and Matty Blair who are good in the dressing room and can coach the youngsters.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Looks a good signing. Good to have that young energy in midfield.

Official ctfc.com says a two year deal. Also says he is the first of two signings expected this week.

Some interesting and informative quotes from Mickey Moore about the recruitment process ongoing whilst we don’t have a head coach.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/june/dan-adshead/

Glos cricket fans will recall loyal underrated servant Steve Adshead. Hopefully his namesake can perform similar duties for CTFC.
Benny Profane
...........the most promising thing about this (apart from the fact he looks a player with decent pedigree) is that the fears on us missing out on transfer targets as everything grinds to a halt without a manager were unfounded. Yes some targets might think twice, but this lad obviously thought things are in hand & will be joining a similar set up to previous seasons.

Cautiously optimistic!
Shade
Benny Profane wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 10:10 ...........the most promising thing about this (apart from the fact he looks a player with decent pedigree) is that the fears on us missing out on transfer targets as everything grinds to a halt without a manager were unfounded. Yes some targets might think twice, but this lad obviously thought things are in hand & will be joining a similar set up to previous seasons.

Cautiously optimistic!
Indeed. I assume this is also down to Micky Moore selling the idea that whoever comes in will be hired on the basis that they want to work with the same ideals and philosophy as MD, even if they have their own ideas regarding the actual team.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 10:08 Looks a good signing. Good to have that young energy in midfield.

Official ctfc.com says a two year deal. Also says he is the first of two signings expected this week.

Some interesting and informative quotes from Mickey Moore about the recruitment process ongoing whilst we don’t have a head coach.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/june/dan-adshead/

Glos cricket fans will recall loyal underrated servant Steve Adshead. Hopefully his namesake can perform similar duties for CTFC.
My memory of Steve Adshead is that he was a pugnacious batter with the nickname Iron Gloves! 😀
Shade
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 09:20
Robin wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:37 Not the player I was told about, is he an attacking midfielder or a more replacement for Connor Thomas?
From some extensive research (5 mins on Google & Wikipedia!) he seems to be more of a replacement for Conor. Also the injury was a broken metatarsal picked up in November so hopefully should be no problem with that moving forward.
Micky Moore says he can attack and defend and get around the pitch, so sounds like an all round central midfielder, of which I think we only really had Liam Sercombe. Bonds, at the base, Sercombe and Adshead on the points and someone like Wright or Perry at the top of it...if the eventually head coach wants to play a diamond.
Fuller
paperboy wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 12:00
My memory of Steve Adshead is that he was a pugnacious batter with the nickname Iron Gloves! 😀
That sounds about right Paperboy. No one really wanted him after he left us apart from a short spell at Derbyshire, I recall he shared the gloves with Steve Snell.

Our new Adshead looks a real baby face, but wish him a long and happy spell with us. Welcome Daniel.