Derby being bought

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
Sale should go through on Wednesday and they only have 5 players. We need to get some in quick before Derby begin snapping up anyone they can find!
paperboy
Think they'll be fishing in a different pond to us.
little mo
paperboy wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 10:08 Think they'll be fishing in a different pond to us.
Yep. A pond for us,the ocean for them.
longmover
Maybe not, the new owner is reported to be quite frugal and considering Derby's situation money for players may not be so forthcoming.
Shade
Exactly. Plus they're joining the party late and this coming season will be about consolidation and building for the future. Well, until January, at least. I'd be surprised if they're not just after filling half their squad with players who can do the job of keeping them away from the danger zone to start with.
Robin
Don't they need to appoint a new mgr first?
Si Robin
Liam Rosenior has been made interim, and it won't be long before he's confirmed on a full-time basis.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And so it begins.

“Derby County sign Tom Barkhuizen, Joe Wildsmith & Nathaniel Mendez-Laing”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62023396
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 12:00 And so it begins.

“Derby County sign Tom Barkhuizen, Joe Wildsmith & Nathaniel Mendez-Laing”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62023396
Any BIG club can now just cook the books to try and reach the promised land, so you get relegated for a bit, so what? BIG clubs are never and will never be allowed to go under. :roll:
plymrob
How about - 'cooking the books' happened and the club wants to move on...? Given the big club brand, I think I understand there are slightly different rules for Bury and Ilkeston (and G. Rangers in a different hierarchy) ...but, so surely, so would most folk...? Twenty-one points deducted in one season clearly not enough..?

By the way, are these Derby signed players among those who we might want ourselves...? Only one name that resonates for me - and I do not know enough about him.

Let's just enjoy Chelt-V-Derby (H&A) - a new ground for us, I think, and, happily now owned by the new owner. For one, I'm looking forward to a strong SW fixture list (with added Derby) this season...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
plymrob wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 17:33 How about - 'cooking the books' happened and the club wants to move on...? Given the big club brand, I think I understand there are slightly different rules for Bury and Ilkeston (and G. Rangers in a different hierarchy) ...but, so surely, so would most folk...? Twenty-one points deducted in one season clearly not enough..?

By the way, are these Derby signed players among those who we might want ourselves...? Only one name that resonates for me - and I do not know enough about him.

Let's just enjoy Chelt-V-Derby (H&A) - a new ground for us, I think, and, happily now owned by the new owner. For one, I'm looking forward to a strong SW fixture list (with added Derby) this season...
“Move on”… you’re sounding like Boris Johnson.

Derby missed enough deadlines to have warranted not being allowed to enter the league, with no justification for the extensions and exemptions.

Give it a few years and they will be going bust in the Championship again whilst teams doing things the right way lose out.
longmover
plymrob wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 17:33 How about - 'cooking the books' happened and the club wants to move on...? Given the big club brand, I think I understand there are slightly different rules for Bury and Ilkeston (and G. Rangers in a different hierarchy) ...but, so surely, so would most folk...? Twenty-one points deducted in one season clearly not enough..?

:lol: you know deep down Derby will be in this mess again.
Fuller
Looks like Derby are building a team to win the Championship let alone League One.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62064770
longmover
Not even being humble about it seeing the way they're splashing it all over twitter, shameless f***s
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 10:39 Not even being humble about it seeing the way they're splashing it all over twitter, shameless f***s
It really is shameless. Sticking two fingers up to properly run clubs and fans.

They are almost certainly going to end up in financial trouble again and their fans cannot deny being complicit this time.

They’ve been given multiple lives now over the last few years so the message from the authorities must be clear: overspend again and you are kicked out the league.

If we beat them this season it will be the sweetest.