Frank Gregan

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
The ex FGR boss making himself as popular as a Big Mac at The New Lawn...

https://stroudtimes.com/in-my-opinion-i ... burchnall/
Shade
Let's hope he's right and Vince acts way too late to save them... However, writing off a manager just because he's never worked in a league before seems slightly foolish. Give him at least a few games before judging him. And then point and laugh towards the hill, hopefully.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sounds a bit past it and out of touch does Gregan.

What first team football management experience did Edwards or Duff have? Both who achieved the highest ever finishes for the two Gloucestershire sides.

I think it’s a good appointment and if Vince can navigate the FFP rules well enough they should stay up comfortably.

For me, apart from avoiding the drop, this season is about winning the derby and finishing above them.
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 16 Jul 2022, 11:25 Sounds a bit past it and out of touch does Gregan.

What first team football management experience did Edwards or Duff have? Both who achieved the highest ever finishes for the two Gloucestershire sides.

I think it’s a good appointment and if Vince can navigate the FFP rules well enough they should stay up comfortably.

For me, apart from avoiding the drop, this season is about winning the derby and finishing above them.
Think you're spot on there RCS.
Their Director of Football does all the work with player recruitment for starters.
Shade
The difference between Duff and FGR's new guy is that Burchnall has NO experience in the English Football League at all as a player, coach or manager. He never played professionally or semi-professionally and began coaching at 22 at Leeds Uni before going to Sweden and Norway, before coming back and essentially failing to get Notts County promoted. Now he finds himself at a League One* club having not really achieved anything noteworthy yet. He must have a great interview technique but, as I said, he should at least be given a few games before being written off, just to save any potential egg being on any metaphorical faces.

*in status only