England Ladies

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Through to the final. Even the goalkeeping was pretty good. From the English keeper, anyway...

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Red Duke
asl wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 01:57 Through to the final. Even the goalkeeping was pretty good. From the English keeper, anyway...

I agree. Earps is not getting enough praise from the media. It has been one of my major criticism of women's football has been the standard of goalkeeping, especially their lack of anticipation. Earps is the first that has impressed me. Her ability to make up for lack of comparative height as compared to the men's game by being able to leap high. This was shown when she tipped one over the bar when it was 2-0. If that had gone in, it might have been a different story.
asl
Top drawer from the ladies, tonight! My big bugbear re standard of goalkeeping was punched squarely on the nose as I thought both keepers had good games.

It's finally come home!

Shade
As someone who has watched the Lionesses for a number of years, way before they were full-time, I'm not ashamed to say I shed a few tears at the end of the game last night watching the celebrations. What a team, what a coach. Records broken all over the place. And I think they'll only get better as the older players slowly make way for the next generation and the current gen continue to improve using this experience and confidence.
SHANDY VOR
I was there - it was rammed, a great atmosphere and for once I was in the right place at the right time :).

And the three of us all for under a hundred notes - transport and tickets!
SHANDY VOR
I missed the first goal - I was having a pee :) but I was bang out there for the winner
asl
What time did you finally leave the stadium, Shandy? Looked like the players had no intention of leaving very early.

SHANDY VOR
Stayed for about half an hour after the presentation took place, most people did. But we had to get back to the coach we were on, so eventually left them to it. My daughter wanted to camp outside the player's entrance all night to see them leave.

I think the team are still partying. somewhere :)
asl
I still remember Freddie and KP being dragged out for a presser after an Ashes victory, still clinging on to a pitcher of beer. I hope they did that memory proud!

Shade
Seeing them all in sunglasses yesterday "out of necessity", I'm pretty sure they did! :lol:
Ihearye
Shade wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 10:02 Seeing them all in sunglasses yesterday "out of necessity", I'm pretty sure they did! :lol:
I dread to think what standard the ironing was the next day :lol: