The FA Cup

Talk about other football teams at all levels. AND ANY Glos City related threads, even if talking about the groundsharing.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
Ralph
What possessed him to do that? lol
Shade
I'm surprised we haven't seen one of our players do that over the last 3 years, the amount we play it around at the back! Odds are someone is going to mis-hit one back to the keeper at some point, as well as just giving it away on the edge of our own area.

First two comments there, that was as far as I got, what a couple of clowns. Match fixing - like a player at any level could casually play the ball into their own net at that angle and distance like he did. And second, "why play it in the air...". Well, for one he didn't look like he meant to hit it in the air, it was a mis-hit, hence the own goal, and secondly the pitches aren't exactly great so passing it along the ground is just as much of a chance of the keeper mis-controlling it and it ending up in the net anyway. Got to love twitter experts. As opposed to forum experts... :D
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It will be just CTFC and FGR fighting for Gloucestershire in the FA Cup proper. From what I can see, the county’s last qualifying hope ended today, with heartbreak for Gloucester losing to a 91st minute at home to our old Welsh rivals Merthyr.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 17:20 It will be just CTFC and FGR fighting for Gloucestershire in the FA Cup proper. From what I can see, the county’s last qualifying hope ended today, with heartbreak for Gloucester losing to a 91st minute at home to our old Welsh rivals Merthyr.
Every season I think, this is the season we play city in the first round. Bloody useless :roll:
SHANDY VOR
Me too, Space