Wade Elliott after the Exeter defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
everyman
Pity he didn`t react during the game,totally passive while Exeter`s boss was at his team all through the match,i don`t think the team are sure of him after being so confident in Michael Duff.
Fuller
everyman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:26 Pity he didn`t react during the game,totally passive while Exeter`s boss was at his team all through the match
Reminds me of Graham Allner. Used to lean on the dugout and didn’t say a word all match. That didn’t end well….
Exeter boss ex Robin of course, Matt Taylor.
Horteng
Not writing him off just yet but Wade doesn't and never has inspired me......
little mo
Fuller wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:33
everyman wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 22:26 Pity he didn`t react during the game,totally passive while Exeter`s boss was at his team all through the match
Reminds me of Graham Allner. Used to lean on the dugout and didn’t say a word all match. That didn’t end well….
Exeter boss ex Robin of course, Matt Taylor.
Allner was way out of his depth,we were getting stuffed at Palace in League cup and he just folded his arms and leant on the dugout doing f all.
Si Robin
I was at that Palace game - what did you think he should have done? We were getting a routing and I'm not sure jumping around the technical area would have made much difference.

There seems to be a belief (not necessarily accusing you of this little mo, but it's been apparent on Twitter at least) that a manager has to be animated to be good at his job. That he needs to be shouting from minute one, or in the 4th official's ear. A reserved manager is always seen as bad at their job.

Allner was out of his depth, but his appointment wasn't completely out of left-field. He'd been successful at Kidderminster and knew the players. Easy to forget though that in order to get that humping from Palace, we beat Norwich (who had played in the previous season's playoff final) 3-0 in the first round at Carrow Road.
little mo
Si, what i expected Allner to do was,show a bit of interest and be seen to give the players some help. Hate managers like the Cowleys,Evans and Corcoran etc, who scream and shout for 90+ minutes,but players need some help at times when a game is not going well.
By the way, i don't do twitter or any of the other social media outlets. So you were right not to say it was me.
Fuller
Our players came out a good five minutes before Exeter did for the second half, but Elliott says he doesn't agree with teams doing that.
So why did they come out early then?
Who is in charge?
Broadway Brian
Fuller wrote:Our players came out a good five minutes before Exeter did for the second half, but Elliott says he doesn't agree with teams doing that.
Who is in charge?
And they also just stood there, no-one talking, like lost souls. There then wasn’t a strong tackle, increased vocals, or any sign of leadership different to the first half so coming out early was pointless.

Peterborough came out early, clearly with a rocket in them and made it clear from the start of minute 46 that this half would be different.

Hopefully, we won’t see that level until of cluelessness / antipathy again.

UTR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 07:55 I was at that Palace game - what did you think he should have done? We were getting a routing and I'm not sure jumping around the technical area would have made much difference.

There seems to be a belief (not necessarily accusing you of this little mo, but it's been apparent on Twitter at least) that a manager has to be animated to be good at his job. That he needs to be shouting from minute one, or in the 4th official's ear. A reserved manager is always seen as bad at their job.

Allner was out of his depth, but his appointment wasn't completely out of left-field. He'd been successful at Kidderminster and knew the players. Easy to forget though that in order to get that humping from Palace, we beat Norwich (who had played in the previous season's playoff final) 3-0 in the first round at Carrow Road.
If Allner had shouted very loudly “don’t let f*cking Freedman score” we would have won the game :lol:
Horteng
Fuller wrote:Our players came out a good five minutes before Exeter did for the second half, but Elliott says he doesn't agree with teams doing that.
Who is in charge?
That’s a good observation tbh. Why?

General rule in life. Buy cheap, buy twice……
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 10:41
Who is in charge?

Sorry but this dismissive ‘cheap appointment’ stuff needs to be evidenced. Care to inform us of Wade’s salary compared to that of others interviewed?
Warwickshire Robin
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Horteng wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 10:41
Who is in charge?

Sorry but this dismissive ‘cheap appointment’ stuff needs to be evidenced. Care to inform us of Wade’s salary compared to that of others interviewed?
Also, who else was actually in the running? I dont think i heard many names linked other than on the bookies lists!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Si Robin
If rumours are to be believed it was between Wade and Matt Taylor (the Walsall one, not last night's opponent).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And we don’t know if Duff tried to take Wade and we had to pay enough to keep him.

Many unknowns, which makes this silly ‘cheap option’ stuff even more daft.
Si Robin
It's an easy dig - he was here last season so he must be the cheap option.

I don't know many people who are promoted and don't get a pay rise though.