Team for Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
MacDonald
Long C. Taylor Freestone
Jackson Perry (new signing we hope) Sercombe Ferry
May N’Lundulo

And make Alfie captain.

Kick some ass Mr Elliott.
Robin
Southwood can stay in goal, not sure he's done anything wrong and really highlights that last season Evans caught some unnecessary flack when defence was really the issue.
Nesty
Hagerty F., Hagerty R., Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Dobson, Crapper, Dewhurst, MacIntyre, Treadmore, Davitt.
Fuller
Was that the “Ripping Yarns” team Nesty?

Eight bloody one …… seven bloody nil :lol:
andgarod
Now this is the problem
Did anyone yesterday show they should be anywhere near the 1st team apart from Ferry
So we now have a first 11 who know they will start
Bond did nothing last night nor did Raglan

We need to shut up shop
Robin
If you watched the Posh game this was also apparent, once we made subs our team became noticeably weaker and we ran out of ideas especially going forward. It's probably time to shift a couple of this squad out the door Hutchinson, Raglan the obvious ones to go permanently and Lloyd/Ebanks/Barkers out on loan.
Fuller
Robin wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 09:35 If you watched the Posh game this was also apparent, once we made subs our team became noticeably weaker and we ran out of ideas especially going forward. It's probably time to shift a couple of this squad out the door Hutchinson, Raglan the obvious ones to go permanently and Lloyd/Ebanks/Barkers out on loan.
Agree with all of that that Robin, except i think Ebanks might have something to offer now.
Raglan was wearing the armband last night. But he didn't do anything to warrant it. I'd give it to Alfie.
One (sort of) good thing is we still have three weeks to sort it.
little mo
Does anyone think there was a reason why Oxford let Raglan go when they got promoted to League One,and why Lincoln did the same with Long.
paperboy
Drifting off topic, but the next time we concede a goal our keeper needs to go down for treatment while the players reset and hopefully avoid the worrying quick fire goals we are conceding.

Have us nailed on for a good performance when we play Exeter in 10 days at St James Park!
Broadway Brian
Fuller wrote:
Robin wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 09:35 If you watched the Posh game this was also apparent, once we made subs our team became noticeably weaker and we ran out of ideas especially going forward. It's probably time to shift a couple of this squad out the door Hutchinson, Raglan the obvious ones to go permanently and Lloyd/Ebanks/Barkers out on loan.
Agree with all of that that Robin, except i think Ebanks might have something to offer now.
Raglan was wearing the armband last night. But he didn't do anything to warrant it. I'd give it to Alfie.
One (sort of) good thing is we still have three weeks to sort it.
Agreed but Chapman must be top of any get-rid list. He should not be anywhere near a L1 first team squad. He was the worst of the lot for me yesterday, closely followed by Raglan.

He made a good pass once v Bolton and nothing before or since. Such poor quality and I’d be surprised if he broke sweat yesterday.
Broadway Brian
paperboy wrote:Drifting off topic, but the next time we concede a goal our keeper needs to go down for treatment while the players reset and hopefully avoid the worrying quick fire goals we are conceding.

Have us nailed on for a good performance when we play Exeter in 10 days at St James Park!
I hope so. I’ve got my ticket.
tunnelvision
Broadway Brian wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 10:16 ...
Agreed but Chapman must be top of any get-rid list. He should not be anywhere near a L1 first team squad. He was the worst of the lot for me yesterday, closely followed by Raglan.

He made a good pass once v Bolton and nothing before or since. Such poor quality and I’d be surprised if he broke sweat yesterday.
I don't like to single out players but totally agree about Chapman. He's had more than enough chances to show some improvement, but does absolutely nothing.

Raglan seems to struggle at this level, but given the other options I'd keep him for now, but only as an option from the bench.
Robin
We've just given Chapman a two year deal so he's going to be a hard one to shift. At least with Raglan I can see plenty of interest from league two teams, not sure I can say the same for Ellis.
tunnelvision
Robin wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 14:57 We've just given Chapman a two year deal so he's going to be a hard one to shift. At least with Raglan I can see plenty of interest from league two teams, not sure I can say the same for Ellis.
I can see the point in trying to develop our own players, but we need to be much more selective about who we give long contracts to. I couldn't understand it at the time and still can't. :shock:
Nesty
Fuller wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 08:44 Was that the “Ripping Yarns” team Nesty?

Eight bloody one …… seven bloody nil :lol:
Epic !!! Barnstoneworth United FC

https://en-gb.facebook.com/BBCArchive/v ... 209623281/
Ben version 4:0
Hope we sign John Terry before Saturday, out of retirement, if so my middle three would be...

Perry Terry Ferry

Gerry Francis Manager and Halle Berry mascot
Ihearye
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 17:24 Hope we sign John Terry before Saturday, out of retirement, if so my middle three would be...

Perry Terry Ferry

Gerry Francis Manager and Halle Berry mascot
they might all sign for Bury
Artemis
Or Derry
Ihearye
Artemis wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 04:29Or Derry
Indeed, can just envisage them trotting out at Brandywell :)
everyman
little mo wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 09:48 Does anyone think there was a reason why Oxford let Raglan go when they got promoted to League One,and why Lincoln did the same with Long.
Lincoln offered to keep Long and he`s been one of our most reliable players as a rb. maybe we should drop the 3 man defence especially having 5 in midfield hasn`t made them more competitive,probably our weakness ?
horlickfanclub
I agree Everyman. Long is our best rb. Wide midfield players protecting the full backs might stop these crosses. The word is out on our weakness. We also back in on the keeper too much.
longmover
horlickfanclub wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 08:30 I agree Everyman. Long is our best rb. Wide midfield players protecting the full backs might stop these crosses. The word is out on our weakness. We also back in on the keeper too much.
I agree with stopping crosses but there's only so much you can do against teams that have very good players in those positions (see Peterborough). We did a pretty good job of nullifying the crosses in from Barnsley and they then went up the middle.

I hope there isn't a long term issue with Williams he's key for us.
Fuller
longmover wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 10:01
horlickfanclub wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 08:30 I agree Everyman. Long is our best rb. Wide midfield players protecting the full backs might stop these crosses. The word is out on our weakness. We also back in on the keeper too much.
I agree with stopping crosses but there's only so much you can do against teams that have very good players in those positions (see Peterborough). We did a pretty good job of nullifying the crosses in from Barnsley and they then went up the middle.

I hope there isn't a long term issue with Williams he's key for us.
Although Williams was easily beaten twice round the back by Ward v Posh which resulted in goals.
There is a fundamental problem with our defence.
A new leader and organiser in there is essential. But the whole team needs to defend better from what I’ve seen so far.