Pakistan v England

WARNING: This section may contain jokes or topics of an offensive nature.
Recommended for over 18's only. Send Admin a PM to request exclusion.

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

asl
Whoever said 5-day cricket was boring...?

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

Nesty
that was amazing
Shade
asl wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 11:55 Whoever said 5-day cricket was boring...?

People who don't like/care about the game. How many times have England won Tests on the final day - the final session even - this year? I think McCullum and Stokes are on a mission to save Test cricket.
Shade
Another win. They need to be careful, we might start getting used to this.
asl
Brilliant finish, again. Fair play to Pakistan who might even have been favourites to win at one point when they were motoring along. Comment on the BBC along the lines of "if England lose this, they can hardly blame the tactics when Pakistan are using exactly the same tactics." Fair point, well made, I thought.

Shade
It would appear that we have a new star. Youngest ever debutant to take a 5 wicket haul, Rehan Ahmed. And another win should be wrapped up in about half an hour in the morning.
SHANDY VOR
What a great series for England.

I know its a different team for different formats, but most of them have played a lot of cricket over the winter, at high intensity. The one-day series against Australia was a warning not to let our World Cup win spoil the rest of the year, and we've responded.

A great decision to blood the young spinner, and we have also found a top class batsman in Harry Brook, a capable squad player in Will Jacks, and Ben Duckett has given himself a place as opener for the summer. Not just about the players though, the whole approach has been bold, and its paid off. It won't always, but as long as our game plan doesn't get worked out consistently then our attacking instinct will give us an edge over opponents less able/willing to copy; we've got the players to do it.

T'Ashes should be a cracker