88 days; 2 hours; 40 minutes

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ben version 4:0
Until 16:59 on 22nd April 2023 when, in front of the first sell out of the season, CTFC consign FGR to relegation.

To the minute mind. No point guessing at results when you just check in with me first
HamTown
Spoilers!
Fuller
Well FGR have today made their eighth signing in this window with at least one more to come.
So it won’t be the same side that we’ll face when the beat us the other week.
Fuller wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 16:11 Well FGR have today made their eighth signing in this window with at least one more to come.
Don't question the methods, we all know that Ben4 knows
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I’d like to know what Ben3 thinks, to be honest.
Chris FGR
No chance. We’ll already be down well before then.
Ralph
Fuller wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 16:11 Well FGR have today made their eighth signing in this window with at least one more to come.
That is a whole lot of new faces and they are still at the bottom :lol:
Bolton 1 - FGR 0

Tick tock
Benctfc
From the outside it is hard to predict how FGR will end up. Their signings look impressive on paper but as we know making a bundle of signings in January doesn't necessarily work out.

Their manager looks out of his depth but if they get rid and make the right appointment I could seevthem going on a run and saying up given the quality of their squad. We all know how long Vince took to get rid of Cooper so he is known for sticking with managers longer than he should!
Fuller
Benctfc wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 07:33 From the outside it is hard to predict how FGR will end up. Their signings look impressive on paper but as we know making a bundle of signings in January doesn't necessarily work out.

Their manager looks out of his depth but if they get rid and make the right appointment I could seevthem going on a run and saying up given the quality of their squad. We all know how long Vince took to get rid of Cooper so he is known for sticking with managers longer than he should!
Burchnall just been sacked. Good chance any decent coach plus their new signings will improve their fortunes considerably. Not particularly looking forward to the game at WR if it all starts to go t*ts up.
Shade
Fuller wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 13:21
Benctfc wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 07:33 From the outside it is hard to predict how FGR will end up. Their signings look impressive on paper but as we know making a bundle of signings in January doesn't necessarily work out.

Burchnall just been sacked. Good chance any decent coach plus their new signings will improve their fortunes considerably. Not particularly looking forward to the game at WR if it all starts to go t*ts up.
Oh, it will of course be as awful as it usually is.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Despite the occasional bounce, stats will most teams who sack a manager when bottom or close to bottom end up going down. The instability and poor form take time to turn around; Duff didn’t win for ten games but luckily we appointed him in November and he had a whole transfer window to plan for and utilise. If FGR’s new coach doesn’t win for ten games then it’s too late. And whilst they have signed quantity, it is the quality which is important; the new coach may find it is a squad of dross they can do nothing about.
asl
They'll still turn us over 2-0, we all know it.

Sent from my SM-G9860 using Tapatalk

ctfc-fan
They can turn us over 10-0 so long as we stay up and they’re relegated!
I will be completely honest - I posted this having read their forum and, knowing how vince is obsessed with us (so must read this board), chanced my arm on him reading it and sacking the manager!

Seriously - that was my thought process. Who knows if it was right or not but for him the idea of being relegated at Cheltenham would be the ultimate humiliation being as he always wanted to invest in us but we turned him down.

We'll never know!

(He is a publicity genius - signing Charlie savage means he'll be mentioned on 606 every single week. He doesn't care about football at all but publicity wise he's clever.)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 08:01 I will be completely honest - I posted this having read their forum and, knowing how vince is obsessed with us (so must read this board), chanced my arm on him reading it and sacking the manager!

Seriously - that was my thought process. Who knows if it was right or not but for him the idea of being relegated at Cheltenham would be the ultimate humiliation being as he always wanted to invest in us but we turned him down.

We'll never know!

(He is a publicity genius - signing Charlie savage means he'll be mentioned on 606 every single week. He doesn't care about football at all but publicity wise he's clever.)
You devilish little mischief maker.
Shade
So we know who to blame if Ferguson does go in there and they end up finishing 12th...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 12:18 So we know who to blame if Ferguson does go in there and they end up finishing 12th...
If he goes in they’re down. Can’t see what he offers to FGR. Just because he managed a few good games on vibes and crowd hype due to being an Everton legend doesn’t mean he has any understanding or capability to salvage a disastrous season for a tiny L1 club.
:D :D :D :D Duncan Ferguson though :D

The circus on the hill never stops entertaining. It's better than crossroads
asl
Personally, I think it's a good appointment for them. I hope he does okay in L2 next season.

Shade
asl wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 12:40 Personally, I think it's a good appointment for them. I hope he does okay in L2 next season.

By 'okay in L2', I assume you mean 23rd.
asl
8th or below.

Horteng
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 14:17 Until 16:59 on 22nd April 2023 when, in front of the first sell out of the season, CTFC consign FGR to relegation.

To the minute mind. No point guessing at results when you just check in with me first
Na we will gift them the usual 3 points no doubt
CTFC.Harry
We had the chance to consign them to irrelevancy in 2018 and we know how that went. Perhaps we will have that chance to do the same to them in April, or perhaps they’ll have the chance to do that to us! I predict a sell out, as the Kaiser Chiefs song goes.
Shrewsbury 2 - FGR 1

Tick tock
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:14 Shrewsbury 2 - FGR 1

Tick tock
Big Dunc being slated on their forum for making stupid subs which cost them the game.

Suspect Vince will fund another bunch of players to add to the instability. By the time Big Dunc learns the L1 game and the players gel it will likely be too late.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:21
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:14 Shrewsbury 2 - FGR 1

Tick tock
Big Dunc being slated on their forum for making stupid subs which cost them the game.

Suspect Vince will fund another bunch of players to add to the instability. By the time Big Dunc learns the L1 game and the players gel it will likely be too late.
Really sadly for the real FGR fans we're witnessing in real time how a club goes bust. I know we all take the Mickey but I do feel for their proper fans
Chris FGR
Last season it looked like Vince had got us set up relatively stable, a fairly inexpensive but talented young head coach with a decent rapport with the fans, a decent structure with a CEO who seemed to be doing well at getting in sponsorship and a DoF who had spotted a few gems that were developing well, and we won the league 2 title with by all accounts, the 12th largest budget and a pretty small but tight knit squad.

This season it’s been utter chaos, coaching staff gone, DoF gone, a number of other staff gone, CEO gone, a p!## poor coaching appointment sacked after 28 games, p!## poor summer recruitment followed by a mad cap scattergun approach once we realised how s#!t we were, hiring a big name manager on a fortune with zero experience of this level having spent a fortune on new players before he arrived, meaning he now has a 35 man squad (put together by a few different people), to try and sort out in a few days before the transfer window shuts. All whilst Vince poses on national sports news outlets making totally delusional sounding noises about how we’re heading for the Championship.

Recipe for success? I doubt it.
Last edited by Chris FGR on 28 Jan 2023, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
ctfc-fan
Stevie C always was and always will be a Cheltenham legend
Horteng
Chris FGR wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:52 Last season it looked like Vince had got us set up relatively stable, a fairly inexpensive but talented young head coach with a decent rapport with the fans, a decent structure with a CEO who seemed to be doing well at getting in sponsorship and a DoF who had spotted a few gems that were developing well, and we won the league 2 title with by all accounts, the 12th largest budget and a pretty small but tight knit squad.

This season it’s been utter chaos, coaching staff gone, DoF gone, a number of other staff gone, CEO gone, a p!## poor coaching appointment sacked after 28 games, p!## poor summer recruitment followed by a mad cap scattergun approach once we realised how s#!t we were, hiring a big name manager on a fortune with zero experience of this level having spent a fortune on new players before he arrived, meaning he now has a 35 man squad (put together by a few different people), to try and sort out in a few days before the transfer window shuts. All whilst Vince poses on national sports news outlets making totally delusional sounding noises about how we’re heading for the Championship.

LOL
little mo
Chris FGR wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:52 Last season it looked like Vince had got us set up relatively stable, a fairly inexpensive but talented young head coach with a decent rapport with the fans, a decent structure with a CEO who seemed to be doing well at getting in sponsorship and a DoF who had spotted a few gems that were developing well, and we won the league 2 title with by all accounts, the 12th largest budget and a pretty small but tight knit squad.

I feel for you Chris,and a few other long time FGR fans. I think we all know deep down how it will end. Maybe not just yet,but it will. Publicity photo shows him shaking hands with Duncan and Vince still has his gloves on,how disrespectful is that.
FGR 0 - Peterborough 2

Tick tock
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben version 4:0 wrote: 04 Feb 2023, 17:02 FGR 0 - Peterborough 2

Tick tock
BDF shouted and waved his arms with passion though.
everyman
little mo wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 19:07

I feel for you Chris,and a few other long time FGR fans. I think we all know deep down how it will end. Maybe not just yet,but it will. Publicity photo shows him shaking hands with Duncan and Vince still has his gloves on,how disrespectful is that.
Vince thinks he`s royalty and doesn`t shake hands without gloves,deluded twat !
Ralph
Chris FGR wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 17:52

I wonder how much Dunc is on? Its got to be good money and then there is his staff too. Maybe he's one of the best paid managers in L1? wouldn't be a surprise. I thought i read yesterday that it was 9 players in in Jan and about the same out. Not quite Notts Forest change in players but still pretty crazy