Wade believes

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Shade
He's still the best man for the job.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... 9emDnZjQU0
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Full rebuttal to JP. Fair play.
paperboy
Came out punching!
kags
Alternative reality, not just ‘bad luck’ we are bottom of the table and not scored in 10 games. Performances have merited the points tally we have gained so far and that’s not good enough.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If Wade doesn’t turn it around then this could get very nasty.

JP’s interviews might get more hostile, fans will get more vitriolic, the Board will be split, etc.

If Wade and the players can carry on unaffected and turn it around then credit to them.
Warwickshire Robin
Interesting the managers comments came in an article rather than the usual Q&A format. Suggests it wasn't the usual one on one interview!

The next few days will be interesting to see whether anything happens either in terms of the manager leaving or any sort of 'vote of confidence' from the club. Already considering whether to actually attend on Saturday if nothing happens either way as the atmosphere will be awful. Not going to be a good place for first time 'kids for a quid' attendees.
Fuller
The Echo article is only a short piece of the whole 16 minute video interview, which starts wth Mark Halliwell asking the questions.
Worth a listen, windy microphone and all.
Robin
This is all some sort of weird dream, where people at the club appear to live in an alternative reality. Has anyone seen David Bloxham or even any of the other directors, they are noticeably not visible with the fans and haven't been for some time.
duckers
Go on Wade. F#ck the haters
Si Robin
Robin wrote: 20 Sep 2023, 09:36 This is all some sort of weird dream, where people at the club appear to live in an alternative reality. Has anyone seen David Bloxham or even any of the other directors, they are noticeably not visible with the fans and haven't been for some time.
Apart from Murry Toms on our podcast and social media within the last couple of weeks.
Fuller
I thought I heard one of last night's commentators say they'd only seen Murry Toms and Paul Godfrey at the Peterborough ground?
Programme notes should be interesting this Saturday?
Shade
Warwickshire Robin wrote: 20 Sep 2023, 07:46 Interesting the managers comments came in an article rather than the usual Q&A format. Suggests it wasn't the usual one on one interview!

The next few days will be interesting to see whether anything happens either in terms of the manager leaving or any sort of 'vote of confidence' from the club. Already considering whether to actually attend on Saturday if nothing happens either way as the atmosphere will be awful. Not going to be a good place for first time 'kids for a quid' attendees.
That would require them to actually publicly acknowledge that anything is wrong in the first place.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just watched the full interview video. Some pretty robust answers from Wade, which is commendable.

Forget the handshake. The last 5 mins when JP was asking the questions was the most confrontational I have seen JP and Wade in an interview.
duckers
Yep, very noticeable. The way he said “in summary” and “what do you think?”
Horteng
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: 20 Sep 2023, 14:18 Just watched the full interview video. Some pretty robust answers from Wade, which is commendable.

Forget the handshake. The last 5 mins when JP was asking the questions was the most confrontational I have seen JP and Wade in an interview.
Fair play to Wade as frustrating as it is.

Also about time JP acted like a media critic rather than a best friend of the club!
robinsrule
I would be delighted if we win the next couple of games, the pressure eases somewhat and Wade stays in the job. I couldn’t care less who the manager is as long as we are winning games. If he turns it around and proves me and others wrong then great!

Yes, the atmosphere will be quick to turn if (when?) we are losing on Sat but if we play well, score (mercy be!) and maybe even win, then I’m sure everyone will be right behind the team.
Anteros
Best interview Wade has done.
I think we will win Saturday. Players will be really up for it.
2-0
Uppy
It’s not just bad luck. We haven’t scored a league goal in 8 games. That is way more than just not getting a break.
Garby74
Fair play Wade.
Came out fighting like our boys did last night.
Their still fighting for him alright.

Like many I hope we win Saturday and it buys him more time.

Rubbish result but definatly a marked improvement in terms if passing etc.

I hope the crowd are kind Saturday.

The boys need all our support.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shame his last public appearance as manager was the spat with JP. But at least he gave as good as he got.