Call out for volunteers to help spruce up Whaddon Road

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

hookyrobin
https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/it-co ... -of-paint/

One of the first things Darrell Clarke said on his arrival was that the place looks like it could do with a lick of paint... And it wasn't news to any of us...

With international call-ups giving us a weekend off on October 14, we're putting a call out for volunteers to join a Robins Trust working party.

We want to bring together an army of volunteers to generously give some of their time to do some general maintenance around the Completely-Suzuki Stadium.

We will be liasing with the club over the next week to put in place details for how we can help, so mark these dates in your diary.
  • Saturday, October 14.
- Register here for this session: https://forms.gle/ktrnp4KmdJ7eov236
  • Saturday, November 18 (subject to international callups).
The Trust and Club will work together to provide materials, so at the moment we're just asking for volunteers to save the date.

But if you're a Cheltenham-based tradie, budding DIYer, or know someone who can help us to spruce the place up a bit and deliver for our new gaffer, please get in touch.

Let's show Darrell just how strong the Cheltenham Town community is when we all rally together.

We will post more details of how to get involved next week, but if you want to help out, please get in touch with us via this Google Form: https://forms.gle/TfpeAUM8ZaN1exae9
Last edited by hookyrobin on 11 Oct 2023, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Haitch
I'm certainly no tradie but i can operate a paint brush and dust pan and brush (amongst other basic equipment) with some level of competency, more than happy to help if that's what is needed
hookyrobin
Thanks Haitch, that's great to hear, and exactly what we're looking for - 'some level of competency' is a luxury!
ctfc-fan
I have a paint sprayer I’m happy to lend
Ihearye
Bad weekend for me as RWC game that weekend, but def up for anything similar in the future. As long as non precision work is acceptable :) I have hands like feet
everyman
But who is going to volunteer to install the L.E.D. floodlights and the Solar panels on the stands,both projects seem to have been abandoned ?
horlickfanclub
Great idea but wasn't he talking about the training ground?
Oldun
May I suggests that one of the jobs that needs doing is to widen the goals.
Warwickshire Robin
Oldun wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 09:59 May I suggests that one of the jobs that needs doing is to widen the goals.
Or alternatively, as we don't get any shots on goal anyway, shouldn't we narrow the goals so we don't concede and at least get a point?!
Jerry St Clair
Great initiative. Any lower age limit for this? Could kids lend a hand?
Fuller
horlickfanclub wrote: 06 Oct 2023, 09:53 Great idea but wasn't he talking about the training ground?
Yes DC was, but that was probably before he saw the state of WR too…..
SHANDY VOR
A mate of mine owns a demolition company, if that helps :)
ctfc-fan
SHANDY VOR wrote:A mate of mine owns a demolition company, if that helps :)
You’ve got a mate?! ImageImage
hookyrobin
Thanks to everyone who's responded. We've got a new form for those who can make this weekend, including asking for contact details so that we can round up the posse...

Please use the following link to formally register for this weekend's working group: https://forms.gle/ktrnp4KmdJ7eov236

I've asked about children. Due to safeguarding issues, I've been told that if there are children over the age of 12 who are accompanied and supervised by a parent or legal guardian, then that should be ok.

The safeguarding issue is actually why the Training Ground isn't being included. There are lots of age-ranges training there and the paperwork to clear volunteers to work on site in that location wouldn't be worth our time or effort - but freshening up the Completely-Suzuki stadium can make a huge difference, and we're really grateful to everyone who's volunteered.

Cheers,

Jaimie
Robins Trust
hookyrobin
More details for tomorrow's session...
https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/deta ... ober-2023/

Thank you to those people who have registered for our DIY SOS day at the Completely-Suzuki Stadium on Saturday.

Members of the Trust board met with stadium manager John Duffy on Thursday and we can now confirm what bits and pieces need doing.

With a dry day expected, the main tasks will involve painting, so wear clothes that you don't mind getting splattered with emulsion!

The club are providing all the materials, and representatives from the Trust will be on hand from 9am in the morning to corral the troops.

There are a few things to do, but with a fair wind - and a mighty brush - we hope to finish around 3-4pm.

The club will also be providing access to tea and coffee making facilities.

Thank you to all those fans who have registered, let's make sure this new era gets off to a (ahem) glossy start!

Please register below and the team will be in contact on Friday with full details.

FORM: https://forms.gle/cvMhahDVJHc77jK48
hookyrobin
For those who may have been planning on attending this afternoon, apologies but we have ended the works early due to low attendance this morning.

Please keep your eyes peeled for a similar event should our game be postponed during the November International Break.
andgarod
Are there any updates on what was done a few pictures of some of the volunteers and a thank you from the club

I was away with friends for the weekend who had no interest in football but they nknew we were record equaling
but they were into the rugger because thats the Cheltenham way

So let me be the first to say the volunteers thank you
It reminds me of the man who came across a beach full of washed up star fish and he started throwing them back in
An old local said your wasting your time
The man picked up another and threw it and then another and said I made a difference to them and threw another and said and that one
Every volunteer made a difference!