Four out of six

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Who would have thought that four of the bottom six would win today?
Mind you it’s a good time to be playing Bristol Rovers and Barnsley who are both fading rapidly.
Looks like it’s four out of the bottom six for the drop unless Shrewsbury go on a really bad run.

Biggest worry for me is do we have the squad strength to see it through. Looked like Lloydy did his hamstring and that could be another season ender.
Bradbury went off injured and Ferry limping too. Not a great time to have to play eight games in a month with our wafer thin squad, heavy pitches to contend with too which you wouldn’t expect going into April, but heartened that the lads are giving their all. Monday’s starting eleven could show a few surprises?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sometimes injuries and a run of games like this can galvanise a team to achieve something beyond what you would normally expect of them.
Garby74
Maybe Tom King should get run out.
We have a great youth team
Robin
Garby74 wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 07:51 Maybe Tom King should get run out.
Other than King it seems all the youth team are being released, it's massive step to league one though but if Lloyd is out he will have to be on the bench Monday.
RS1978
Robin wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 13:27
Garby74 wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 07:51 Maybe Tom King should get run out.
Other than King it seems all the youth team are being released, it's massive step to league one though but if Lloyd is out he will have to be on the bench Monday.
Really? I thought that the whole reason for bringing Baraclough on board was that he's got history with the N. Irish U21s - so would be good at bringing youngsters through? Or does any investment in the youth setup depend on whether we stay up or not?
Garby74
We're running out of options up front.
I would rather King start in his natural position rather than say Thomas or Nuttal.
CS85
I may have completely missed it but has it been confirmed Lloyd is even injured?.
Garby74
He pulled up in second half. Looked like hamstring.
Judging by his body language I'd say he is out for rest season.

I wonder if underworking the players the last two weeks ...to recuperate is having an impact. All three injuries coming midway through second half.