Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Fuller wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 22:15 A decent committed performance from our boys and if we’d had Thompson, Pett, Street and Ben Williams available I reckon we could have won that.
Goodwin excellent first half but visibly tired in the second and Ferry looked like he was really struggling towards the end. Both penalties avoidable - Freestone poor challenge which was unnecessary and Ferry had his arm up too high from the cross. Some good opportunities for us to get decent balls into the box after the late penalty but they were all poor and didn’t trouble their defence at all, just a bit more luck and quality tonight and we would not be propping the table up now. Anyway we look a million times more competitive now than a couple of months ago and if we can the key players back asap and a few decent acquisitions in January we’ve still got a good chance of staying up.
100 percent agree
Alf
Football officialdom is going insane. Surely a penalty for hand ball should only be given when hands are deliberately used to prevent a scoring opportunity, not when a defender is skidding along on his arse with the obvious intention of blocking a pass with his leg and the ball is driven onto his arm which may be slightly raised to prevent him clattering into the fence. There is no common sense applied any more. How long will it be before players have to run round with their arms strapped to their sides?
Malabus
Even the football 'experts' have no idea what handball actually is. Numerous times on 5live there is a debate and still non the wiser.
Braziliance
Good evening,

I am a Charlton fan, I just wanted to pop my head in to share my vlog and thank the fans who took part again. Particularly Ben and Ade, had a right good chat and two really nice chaps. Loved the interactions with the rest of you as well (if you post here) and finally one of your fans (I assume) girlfriends who did some camera work for me, sublime.

My verdict is, I think we edged it, you made it tough for us but I think we had more proper chances. Was very impressed by a team so low down the table though, it was a competitive game and on another day we could have well lost.

My condolences on losing Alfie May for such a low fee, I said it was bargain of the window when we signed him and so far so good, a real pleasure watching a player of that quality and desire week in, week out and I can see why he's so highly regarded here.

All the best to you Robins, I look forward to the return tie (where it will be my first visit) and I sincerely hope you stay up based on how sound your fans were and gifting us one of the best number 9s I've seen at Charlton.
Braziliance
https://youtu.be/VU8z-AA4X0E?si=nhm1bWKsqYDCgQcZ

The vlog for anyone interested, any likes, comments subs etc would be appreciated, will glady return the favour if anyone has their own channel.

If anyone wants to be a part of my next video, don't be a stranger, cheers again.
Malabus
Braziliance wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 17:52 https://youtu.be/VU8z-AA4X0E?si=nhm1bWKsqYDCgQcZ

The vlog for anyone interested, any likes, comments subs etc would be appreciated, will glady return the favour if anyone has their own channel.

If anyone wants to be a part of my next video, don't be a stranger, cheers again.
Thanks.
Malabus
Just looked at the handball, how the hell is that deliberate, tell me we would get that decision - NO CHANCE.
Braziliance
Malabus wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 18:09 Just looked at the handball, how the hell is that deliberate, tell me we would get that decision - NO CHANCE.
I feel like it was a pen but it was soft. One of those ones where if you're given it, you take it, but would certainly be annoyed if it was against you
Shade
Just seen a virtually identical incident in Leeds v Swansea. Guess what - no penalty. It was on the other side, further from the lino, though.
Jerry St Clair
Braziliance wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 19:20
Malabus wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 18:09 Just looked at the handball, how the hell is that deliberate, tell me we would get that decision - NO CHANCE.
I feel like it was a pen but it was soft. One of those ones where if you're given it, you take it, but would certainly be annoyed if it was against you
Yep, this is precisely the right take. We'd have been screaming for it if it happened in the 86th minute at the Prestbury Road End.
Alf
Jerry St Clair wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 21:53
Yep, this is precisely the right take. We'd have been screaming for it if it happened in the 86th minute at the Prestbury Road End.
Doesn’t make it right though.
Warwickshire Robin
Jerry St Clair wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 21:53
Difference is we wouldn't have been given it though!!
Braziliance
What did yous think of Caleb Taylor?

We have been linked with him on loan, how did he get on here?
Shade
Braziliance wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 14:56 What did yous think of Caleb Taylor?

We have been linked with him on loan, how did he get on here?
Trust me, you want him. Better than Hector was when we had him donkeys years ago when he was on his way up, and he's better than him now. He should be playing for a lower Championship club this season, really, or one of the nailed on top 4/5 teams. Not sure WBA are handling him as well as they could.