Trust Forum

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Broadway Brian
Could someone provide further information, or point me to where I can find further info, about tomorrow night’s Trust Forum.

Can’t see an email or web page about it but may have missed it.

Thanks
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Broadway Brian wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 18:34 Could someone provide further information, or point me to where I can find further info, about tomorrow night’s Trust Forum.

Can’t see an email or web page about it but may have missed it.

Thanks
Original page about AGM: https://www.robinstrust.org/agm-elections/

And more info about who is attending from the club updated yesterday here: https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/welco ... d-members/
hookyrobin
https://www.robinstrust.org/posts/trust ... mber-2023/

Join us tomorrow (Thursday 23rd November) at 7:30pm at the Mixed Fermentation Tap Room, Deya Brewery, Cheltenham - all Cheltenham fans are welcome (although only Trust Members can participate in any votes that are part of the Trust's AGM).

We'd love to see as many Robins fans as possible - this is your chance to ask your questions directly to the Club Board and Management.

There's no need to book, it's free to attend, and the first drink is on us!

Where?

Deya Brewery Mixed Fermentation Taproom
33/34 Lansdown Industrial Estate\
Gloucester Rd, Cheltenham GL51 8PL

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//33/34+ ... ++GL51+8PL

The Trust AGM will be followed by a Fans' Forum:

Robins chairman David Bloxham and members of the club board will answer questions from fans, as will new manager Darrell Clarke and his assistant Adam Murray.

The forum will be compared by Robins fan Tom Watt and will be being recorded by BBC Radio Gloucestershire for broadcast on Friday afternoon.

Cheers,

Jaimie
Si Robin
Robins fan Tom Watt doing a lot of heavy lifting there isn't it? He's dyed in the wool Arsenal isn't he? Just happens to live in the town.
asl
I did a speed-awareness course with him a few years ago in Swindon. Had a nice chat about the Gooners - my closet premier team - but when I said I was actually a Cheltenham fan, it drew a bit of a blank.
ctfc-fan
Si Robin wrote:Robins fan Tom Watt doing a lot of heavy lifting there isn't it? He's dyed in the wool Arsenal isn't he? Just happens to live in the town.
He’s been coming to matches for as long as I can remember. He’s a football author too I believe.
andgarod
I do hope he is doing it for free if not why not
I am sure JO could do the job or M Tomms forgotten a director

Last one helped the sou d of his own voice too much further first half hour
Broadway Brian
Thanks all.
Horteng
Cant make it tonight due to work. Will it be live streamed?
Si Robin
Radio Gloucestershire are recording it and it is due to go out tomorrow between 6 and 7 (maybe 5 and 6, but sure it's 6 and 7). After which it will be available on BBC Sounds.

EDIT: it will be edited down to 57 mins.
Jerry St Clair
Si Robin wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 19:22 Robins fan Tom Watt doing a lot of heavy lifting there isn't it? He's dyed in the wool Arsenal isn't he? Just happens to live in the town.
He's a regular at games. One of my workmates, who is an Arsenal fan, sat next to him at the West Ham Pizza Cup game the other week.
Si Robin
I have no doubt he goes to games - fully aware of that fact - but I listened to Fighting Talk for years and I don't think Cheltenham ever got a mention. His love for Arsenal on the other hand...
horlickfanclub
Someone is turning out at a club event and some challenge his credentials. Unbelievable , or should be but with some on here ......
Si Robin
Jesus - it was an off the cuff comment about referring to him as a Cheltenham fan, half meant in jest.
horlickfanclub
What did the other half mean then?
Si Robin
Half based in reality.
plymrob
Here's me thinking Tom Watts has been doing this for quite a few years? Did he not do a song/video/ voice over intro thing a few years back? And stuff before that? He's a good choice. He seems consitantly loyal. I'm going to dare to suggest there is absolutely nothing for him in doing this. Think on... It's a bottom of League One club Trust meeting? Anty profile improvement?

For me, I have always seen this gent's involvement as local true football fan helps out for his adopted club where he can...
At the same time I'm reflecting that Geoff Hurst turns out sometimes, does he not?
Broadway Brian
I’d be flabbergasted if Geoff Hurst did anything for free.
plymrob
You never know...!
Garby74
Geoff Hurst gave out our village Girls awards at end of year ceremony a few years ago.
99% sure he didn't charge!

Slightly off topic I know !
QED
Any interesting notes from the evening?
RobinsTrustChair
Morning all,

Thanks to everyone who came along for a Deya with Darrell, Adam and David last night - we hope you enjoyed the evening.

For those who weren't able to come along, we invited BBC Radio Gloucestershire along to record the whole thing, and they will be airing it for an hour from 6pm this evening (minus the 12 swear words that crept in!!). This will include the listen live application on the BBC Glos website.

It will then be available on the Listen Again feature for the next 30 days.
Red Duke
RobinsTrustChair wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 09:54 Morning all,

Thanks to everyone who came along for a Deya with Darrell, Adam and David last night - we hope you enjoyed the evening.

For those who weren't able to come along, we invited BBC Radio Gloucestershire along to record the whole thing, and they will be airing it for an hour from 6pm this evening (minus the 12 swear words that crept in!!). This will include the listen live application on the BBC Glos website.

It will then be available on the Listen Again feature for the next 30 days.
Could you post a link to the Listen Again option when it becomes available.
RobinsTrustChair
You can listen live here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gpwyx3

And it will be available to listen again on the same link shortly after broadcast.
Robin
Love Darrell Clarke saying his ambition if we stay up is to get us into the top half next season, would love to have seen David Bloxham's face to that.
ctfc-fan
Robin wrote:Love Darrell Clarke saying his ambition if we stay up is to get us into the top half next season, would love to have seen David Bloxham's face to that.
Why does everyone seem to think DB doesn’t want us to do well? He was decisive in sacking WE and surprised so many of you with the appointment of DC.
Robin
Decisive? As in made decision quickly and effectively is not how I'd describe the eventual sacking of Wade.
ctfc-fan
Don’t be so negative.
Red Duke
RobinsTrustChair wrote: 24 Nov 2023, 17:18 You can listen live here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0gpwyx3

And it will be available to listen again on the same link shortly after broadcast.
Excellent listen. Paul Godfrey's explanation of the Alfie May transfer was enlightening. It appears that we had a Hobson's Choice. Whatever the club chose to do, there were downsides.

I loved how positive our management team is. I am more confident that the impossible can be achieved and we can stay up.
Jerry St Clair
Yep, it sounded like PG had had enough of the flack the Board have been getting over the May transfer.

I was firmly in the Halliwell camp on this. But I’m now persuaded they did their best to get the best deal for the club is difficult circumstances.
London Exile
Listening to the BBCGlos listen again service I thought PG spoke brilliantly.
Having explained the AM transfer in more depth, I think he’s right in that communication is what they need to do better.

The chairman sounded a bit rattled when questioned on ambition so it would be good to see what his & the board ambition is and what plans they have in place to try and achieve this (certainly off field wise)

I thought Darrell and Adam came across brilliantly, I feel under those two we have a real chance and we’ll be competitive under that pairing
Fuller
Just to add it was a real pleasure to be in attendance on Thursday evening and the complimentary pint of Deya most welcome. It would have been good to have seen more supporters there and if you’re not a member of the trust I’d ask you to consider joining, it’s only a tenner to join and gives more “power to the people.” Must admit I’d let my membership lapse but I’m glad I’ve rejoined.
The board come under some stick at times, but the passion Paul Godfrey showed when he spoke tells us there is no big fan of CTFC. The applause he received when he’d had his say shows how much he’s appreciated as club secretary and long may it continue. (Excuse the pun ;) )